Uninstalling MSD Ignition

sportsma1539

I currently have a problem on my integra. The third cylinder so I started pulling wires until I pulled the one that had no affect on the way the engine ran. I found out the third cylinder was not firing so I swapped spark plugs with another cylinder, pulled the wire on the 3rd cylinder again and still ran exactly the same when I pulled the 3rd spark plug wire. So then I used an extra plug wire that I had and swapped it on the third cylinder and the car still ran like crap. So I eliminated the spark plug and the wire on that cylinder. I now think it may be my distributor cap which is cracked up in many places. But its the MSD cap that came on it and instead of paying $50 for a new cap, I think I would just rather get rid of the MSD alltogether and go back to stock. Ive already bought a stock distributor cap and was wondering if I could install it, knowing that it doesnt have a spot for the coil on the cap that runs to the msd ignition, and would it run ok. Or would I have to totally remove the wires that are inside of the distributor that run to the msd box? I would like to just try the stock cap before I totally remove the msd ignition or will I not be able to do that?

sportsma1539

I may have just answered my own question. If I run an stock distributor cap, Im going to have to hook up the internal coil again. Is that correct?