update on ls/vtec build

CHILD

all day all JDM
ITB's all tha way! I plan on running the TMW ITB's with carbon fiber air horns, but SHHHH dont tell anybody =)

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
slow_99integra said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but you will not hit 200+whp with those parts. at most 200bhp, roughly 170whp. get higher compression pistons, and jun cams. then maybe.
i have the hightest b series stock piston honda makes and more compression i will have to clay my head and go threw taht hole 9 yards

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
well i have skunk 2 stage 3 integra type r cams with skunk 2 dual valve springs and titanium retainers and skunk 2 valves so taht in just a gsr make 185 to 190 at the wheels

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You can't know for sure before you dyno it and tune it.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
g3teg94 said:
i have the hightest b series stock piston honda makes and more compression i will have to clay my head and go threw taht hole 9 yards
]

You should clay your head anyway, sounds like you are gonna use adjustable cam gears to get the full potntial of your cams?????? it you do that your vale/piston clearance will be off, this you clay your head. Don't use stock parts for a build like this. the weakest part of any b series engine is the rods. spend the money and go aftermarket.

If you don't take care of this and go through the "whole 9 yards" this engine will suck. you will never see the 200+whp mark. right now im saying 200bhp.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
slow_99integra said:
]

You should clay your head anyway, sounds like you are gonna use adjustable cam gears to get the full potntial of your cams?????? it you do that your vale/piston clearance will be off, this you clay your head. Don't use stock parts for a build like this. the weakest part of any b series engine is the rods. spend the money and go aftermarket.

If you don't take care of this and go through the "whole 9 yards" this engine will suck. you will never see the 200+whp mark. right now im saying 200bhp.
Not to sound like a "dick rider" but i was talking to someone about my b18b build and i was told that the rods are one of the strongest parts of b-series motors and so i was jst gona get high compression pistons.
Tegsox told me this, you know his motto, OEM be4 aftermarket for reliability... :roll:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
g3teg94 said:
well i have skunk 2 stage 3 integra type r cams with skunk 2 dual valve springs and titanium retainers and skunk 2 valves so taht in just a gsr make 185 to 190 at the wheels
No it doesn't. :???:

Jmoney187 said:
Not to sound like a "dick rider" but i was talking to someone about my b18b build and i was told that the rods are one of the strongest parts of b-series motors and so i was jst gona get high compression pistons.
Tegsox told me this, you know his motto, OEM be4 aftermarket for reliability... :roll:
Not the LS rods, and yea he's talking about reliability, your not, if you were you would have left it stock. :roll:

Jmoney187

LivinLow
and yea he's talking about reliability, your not, if you were you would have left it stock. :roll:

yeaa i dont get it... but w.e i duno shit neway

lsvtecmyke

I'm going to leave the stock ls rods on my build.. i guess we'll just see what happens as it will be a daily driver

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Jmoney187 said:
yeaa i dont get it... but w.e i duno shit neway
What don't you get? You said oem for reliability but he wasn't talking about oem, he's talking about putting all these aftermarket parts in so thats not oem anymore. And yes stock would be the most reliable, I don't know whats not to get.

JustaSolVTEC

lsvtecmyke said:
I'm going to leave the stock ls rods on my build.. i guess we'll just see what happens as it will be a daily driver
it'll be fine with a good tune. I've been running LS rods with ARP rod bolts for years without a problem.