update

89teggie

89teggie
HELP!!!!!!!!! i got my motor in, and everything hooked up, but i keep blowing the main fuse in the fuse box under the hood. its the 60 amp fuse that is inline with the main battery cable going into the fuse box. i checked all of my grounds, power wires, connections, everything. my dad used a tester and told me that something is grounding out somewhere. i un-hooked all of my grounds, and the system is still grounded out somewhere. any ideas?

89teggie

89teggie
i stayed up last night and found out where my system was grounding out. the wire going to the alternator was pinched and grounding out. i've got it now where the car will turn over, spark, and will run if someone keeps spraying ether into the intake, but there aint any fuel getting into the combustion chamber. fuel is making it to the injectors, and has good fuel pressure, it just aint spraying. i've checked the EFI fuse under the hood, and every fuse the car has, and everything is good. i even swapped the injectors for my older injectors i know work, and nothing. i'm missing a key link here, i just dont know what. help?

89teggie

89teggie
i read in my haynes manual on checking the light on the ECU under the passenger seat, and it was blinking 5 times, then pause, then 16 times. i disconnected the battery, waited 10 seconds, then reconnected the battery. the light is no longer blinking, so i succeeded in clearing the codes it was throwing, but it still wont fire up. does anyone have any ideas? what does the number 5 mean blinking light wise? the book says 16 is fuel injectors, but it dont say anything else. i'm lost here, i need some help. anyone? help?

89teggie

89teggie
i've checked all of my connections, resistance, and wires going to and from the ECU to everything, and everything is good, so all signs seem to point to the ECU being bad. anyone know where i can have my ECU repaired or get a new one fairly cheap? with HONDATA i have to get a new dizzy and a jumper harness to go to OBD-1 from OBD-0, and on ebay there's a few for 60 and 70 bucks. any where else i can check?

89teggie

89teggie
i found a new ECU in a junkyard 89 teg, i'm going this weekend to pick it up. i also checked my main EFI relay, and its bad, so i'm getting it also. in the process of messing with the new motor, my alternator bracket has came loose and has started to cut my timing belt, so i'm repairing the alternator bracket today and ordering a new timing belt, and this time i'm putting the danged timing belt cover on. haha. good thing this thing didnt fire up or it could've jumped time and really messed me up. more to come in about a week. thanks for the help and support guys.

89teggie

89teggie
a new ECU, new main relay, new timing belt, repaired alternator bracket, and alot of work later, still not cranking. same thing. no fuel making it past the fuel injectors. i'm stumped. everything checks right. i've double and triple checked everything, and i cant figure this out. any idea's? all the shops within a couple hours of here are gonna charge well over 500 bucks just to look at it and tell me if they think they can fix it or not. i'm pissed about a thousand trying to figure this out. i'm seriously starting to consider trying to sell off the car and get another car that runs. anyone got any advice?

89teggie

89teggie
well no shop within a few hours will touch my teg without charging close to a grand just to look at it, and i'm at roads end on working on it trying to find out my fuel injector problem. i've done the best i could. i've put my integra up for sale as is and wishing the best of luck to the next owner.

CJ € racer

dam bro im sorry to hear that it did work for u:(.but wat engine were u puting in it cause i swamped my 89 teggy and it works nice i put an 1988 motor at that but if u need any advice ill see wat i can do when ever u tell me like wats going on:thumbs up and btw here's some pics to show u wat i did.