Urgent overheating issue!

AlphaWolf1993

I just really didn't see why that should be the problem because it has maybe 5 miles on it from my last motor and then I pulled it off and used it on this one. But, I'll pull it

Sent from my refrigerator

72Spitfire

Oh, i apologize. I was unaware that it was a new pump with 5 miles on it. It just seems like that may be the problem of why the hose has no pressure. I once had a water pump that looked perfect, no play or leaks and it simply would not move coolant. Replaced it and all my issues went away.

AlphaWolf1993

I had two lines (those that go into the cabin) recirculating into each other because I didn't have the hoses. Fixed that and the lower hose gets pressure now and everything seems fine.

Nick_C78

You mean you just bypassed your heater? Because if that's what you mean then that is not your problem. My car doesn't even have a heater, so I also have those two hoses recirculating...technically I made it just 1 hose, but same thing.

dlo253

Oh ya wait a sec. I was tired earlier. I thought he meant the 2 at the Tstat housing. Because looping those will most definitely make you overheat.
My buddy had horrible heating issues and had a couple hoses crossed up. The U shaped hose had one outlet right but the other was crossed up with the heater hose. fixed that and it solved the problem.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf1993

I think it was the junction for the hoses that was blocking one, but it's fixed now and haven't had an issue since :) for the first time in a year the project is running and driveable