urgent!!!!

djh1991

hey guys, so i blew the b18c up...redlined it and spun a main bearing, and threw a rod....this was the straw that broke the horses back. im going to fix this and sell the teg asap, then buy an early 90s miata and build it.

so with that being said, what all do i need? my bottom end is trashed pretty much, head is still usable. so im thinking ls/vtec.

im not knowledgable with these at all, so what do i do here? can i just buy a b20 shortblock and slap it on? is there anything else i need? i just need it running fairly reliably so i can sell it.

thanks so much, and just cuz im getting rid of the teg doesnt mean i wont still be here :)

Prozon

Kris
If you're going to build it to sell, don't cut corners. Trust me, if you sold me a car with a rebuilt motor, and it blows up 1,000 miles later- I will hunt you down.
Anyyywaaaaaaaays.
You can probably pick up a used bottom end for cheap, put new bearings in it and get some machine work done.

Hell, after the motor is done- what's stopping you from keeping it?

Last edited:

djh1991

dylan, ive seen some pretty sick miatas, i know theyve got the "gay" stereotype but idc, its a superlight rwd car that can be made fast for cheap.

prozon- can i use any ls bottom end? is there a common one? i have a b18c head. idk if that has any effect on it. is all i need is the bottom end and itll match up fine?

dylan, ive seen some pretty sick miatas, i know theyve got the "gay" stereotype but idc, its a superlight rwd car that can be made fast for cheap.

prozon- can i use any ls bottom end? is there a common one? i have a b18c head. idk if that has any effect on it. is all i need is the bottom end and itll match up fine?
There are hundreds of threads on reliable LSV builds, and multiple step by step write ups. Just Google it or search here for it.

djh1991

yeah, i just texted a buddy about it, he has a b18a1 bottom end he'll give me for my neuspeed fron and rear strut bars. seems like a good deal for me, since im gonna sell the car anyway

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
yeah and non vtec b18 block will work...the b20 will work as well.

both are reliable when done correctly...

dont cut corners...dont be that guy that sells a car and then that person has to fix a bunch of stuff (ive been the person who buys a lemon lol)

you will need..
block
headgasket
lv/vtec kit
chipped ecu...i wouldnt run a gsr ecu on it

j13

Keep It Clean
Don't sell the car!..you blew the engine..build it for boost..better yet high compression with some hot cams and you'll be set.

Believe it or not the, Miatas are NOT cheap to make them go fast and look good, plus, they're tiny..have one of those SUV with a female behind the wheel hit you..you'll be burger meat. It's your call. Honda for life.

djh1991

I love my honda, its just not as fast as id like, id rather have a rwd, my buddy has the 1.6 turbod, its a beast and looks amazing. Its like a gunmetal color with a kevlar hardtop. Plus he has the hookup from his miata club. just time to move on...id like to get a civic hatch in the future though..maybe if I can find one cheap..

David.95LS

Delwarian
Get an RX7 FC... those are sexy. FDs are sexier but they're really expensive.
ha funny you said that, i just traded my piece of shit shell, and a gsr block for a 88 turbo II and damn that thing is scary fast compared to any honda ive had. Best run was a 12.4 at a local strip here and i didnt even launch hard.

Your best bet, if you wanna move on is too throw a motor in your integra to daily drive while you build whatever car you like, so that way you wont be stuck without a vehicle.

j13

Keep It Clean
You'll be moving on..not moving up..either go better or don't go. That's my opinion. Good luck dude with whatever you do.

speedin

The Transporter
You'll be moving on..not moving up..either go better or don't go. That's my opinion. Good luck dude with whatever you do.
^ This. Miata's are far from fast, even turbo'd. They just give the sensation of speed. For the amount of $ you will sink into the Miata a turbo build on the teg would not only be cheaper, but faster.

Not to mention as it was said before, those cars are death traps. If an accord hits you (let alone a SUV or truck) your in for a world of hurt. If you want RWD I totally understand, but if I were you id look into many of the other cheap RWD options out there.

But hey, its your life. Good luck to you with whatever you do. :twocents: