USDM Type R .63 Trim Build

00GSRfullbuild

11/21/11 update: The set up is currently for sale
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/sho...266#post983266
Updated pics on page 3
What up guys. I know people have done like a million of them and have prolly posted all about it too but i figured id give my experiance also.

Started out with a b18c5 block n gsr head that came with a 2000 GSR Teg (100k miles) i got out of a trade. It always had burned alot of oil since i got it, so after discovering several issues and repairing them, it still was, so i decided without tearing it apart it has to be the piston rings or sumthing inside cuz it ran super f****d at 14.9 a/f WOT. 12:5.1 comp n/a build. (Update: Pistons ended up all being cracked at each skirt due to the pistons hitting the bottom of the cylinder wall every motion from being to big, wooo right?? Also, pulled my old ecu and it was a untuned P05 92 civic dx nonvtec ecu, i got boned n continue to from this haha)

Time for turbo now so the motor got pulled for reworking and new pistons.

The set up

USDM Type R (b18c5) 81.5mm stock sleeve and Guarded blocked
Ported Gsr head w/ +.5 Brian Crower valves, 3 angle job, supertech valvetrain and buddy club IV cams/cam gears
Arias 8:8.1 Comp Pistons
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Micropolished crank
Mishimoto X-line 3 Core Civic Radiator (half-size)
Hasport Race Mounts
GSR trans
Clutchmasters FX200 Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
ARP Flywheel bolts
Skunk2 Special Red Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Black Series 70mm TB
310cc High independace injectors
Walbro 255
Hondata 4-map sensor
P72 ECU w/ Neptune
Edelbrock Fuel Rail
Areomotive Fuel lines and regulator
Walbro255

-Soon to be installed

Custom 3" exhaust with vibrant universal 3" inlet and 120mm outlet
As for the turbo kit i think i am going to start out with a company called Arizona Forced Induction (AFI)http://www.afiturbo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25_35&products_id=11&osCsid=65bd7e0c3a1fd05a494e10f9f087856c
The kit starts around 2800 and is everything i am lookin for, going to upgrade to a Garrett T3/T61 "Blowzilla" and also going to get the bottom-mount manifold apposed to the top mount.
AFI Tubular 304 ss Bottom Mount manifold
AFI 2.5" 304 ss down pipe with stainless braided flex and O2 bung
AFI DIY dump tube kit
AFI/Garrett 26X6.5X3.5 Back door intercooler
AFI 2.5" mandrel bent and bead rolled black texture powder coated charge piping
Garrett T3/T61 Turbocharger- .63 trim

Tial 38mm Waste gate
Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
PWR 4 ply silicone couplers
AFI Braided Stainless Teflon oil line kit

T-Bolt clamps
Billet fittings and turbo oil drain kit
All Misc. Hardware and Gaskets

Looking to make this my drag/street toy i guess you can say. Looking for 350-400 whp around 4000 rpms i hope.

I am looking for anyones comments or maybe ideas to help make this build better, anything i might have missed or over look that i need, thanks guys.

Last edited:
just make sure to go with a good tuning software like the hondata s300, or aem's standalone. They will give you an assload of options as far as tuning and vehicle calibration. Don't forget to upgrade the map sensor and the fuel pump either everybody here will agree the walbro 255lph pump is the beez neez especially for a hundred bucks ;)

bustmysack

get a type r tranny alittle more than the gsr but you'll get closer gears and an lsd included and injectors try to get saturated so you dont gotta run the resistor box...and i wouldn't go lower than 600cc if your looking at 500whp

00GSRfullbuild

Hey tahnks for the tip man, i was actually wondering what i should get as far as saturated or not. I decided to go with some 1000cc ones. Im still waiting on the motor so as soon as thats finished everything should go together fairly soon after.

patrick4588

Integra God
i would run dual walbros. and the bosch saturated injectors are awesome if you havent purchased injectors yet. dont bother with aem, you dont need it. neptune rtp or hondata works great. get a hondata or omni map sensor since they are plug and play, no splicing required. do not get a type r transmission, the gears are too close. works fine for na, but with a 500hp car, you will have trouble hooking anyway and having to shift that quickly will only hurt you. plus you will run out of gear fast. i was happy with my gsr tranny. afi makes great turbo kits, good choice there. i prefer synapse wastegates and bov over tial, but tial works. i used cp pistons, best off the shelf pistons IMO. in your original post you said it runs rich at wot with a 14.9 af ratio. thats actually really lean to be WOT. oh and match your throttle body to your cold side intercooler piping. i ran 2.75 cold side, so i mated it with a 70mm throttle body. dont get the skunk2 intake manifold, there are much better ones out there for boost. edelbrock performer x or victor x would be the best choice. and i have ran a 60 trim turbo, you would be better off running a 60-1 if you want to push 500whp. much more efficient. dont base any of your goals off psi either. 12psi on one turbo is not equivalent to 12psi on another. it will take about 20psi on a 60-1 with supporting mods to touch 500whp with 9.5:1 compression.

Last edited:

00GSRfullbuild

Thanks for all the tips man, Yea i have decided pretty much on the Bosch 1000cc low independance injectors. I decided to keep the Neptune and just purchase the software. As for the turbo, the one that comes with the kit is a T3/TO4E so for 150 bucks i can just upgrade to a T3/T61 .63. They are Garrett Turbos. I was going to use a bottom mount Manifold and eventually get the Edlebrock intake manifold.

The shop the motor is at had the CP pistons on the shelf but they where only 9:1 so. I figured thats a tad low but will be fine.

Any other tips are good. Thanks.

00GSRfullbuild

The motor is at the shop getting machined and everything. The rods i had ended up being crapped out, so i need to get new ones. I was looking at a set of Manley rods, H-beam good for about 700hp, from realstreetperformance.com they had them for $330. So thats where i am at, they said the guys putting the motor together should have it back by next week hopefully.

I got my type R doors in, they where a lil bashed up so i am going to have to paint them before they go on the car. I also decide to put a design on the hood, i went with a red raising sun, it turned out good, im sure there will be mixed opinions on this but im gonna rock it for a while.
Just a small update,thanks for tuning in.

If i can ever figure out how to upload photos i will do it of the progress once things get rolling when i get the motor back finally.

00GSRfullbuild

eldrbrock is very good. i have the snow meth kit its 1 of the best around
Are you boosted? and if you are i assume you have the stage 2 right? I bought mine when i was only N/A so i just picked up the stage 1, for like 45 i can get the stage 2, but wasnt going to really worry about it if i didnt need the stage 2.

00GSRfullbuild

in for pics i didnt read much but should be sick
Yea dude if someone could like fill me in on the secret cuz i cant ever get pics up, lol. Idk if its me just being a handicap or what. So thanks for all tuning in, im pretty excited to get this motor done and getting so close so. Just want to make sure i make it right the first time with no cornors cut on cost or quality.

00GSRfullbuild

Photos of what i started with, once i make progress i will take more photos of how things are going.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Ill get more up of other mods i have made and after photos when the motor comes back from the shop

I painted a design on the hood so ill get pictures of that eventually, i also got some type r doors in but they are a little beat up so will need to visit the body shop before they are put on but ill get photos of those as well.

Last edited: