Use a rental for a track day?

renarudo

I'm pondering on using a rental for a track day at Willow Springs....Should I do this or just use on own car for the event? I have quiet stop pads and softer H rated tires on my ride with F&FtypeI coilovers. Suggestions??

94RS

No fucks given.
Do it once, then switch back to your car if it doesn't feel right.

Pat's posted about doing it a few times.

renarudo

Yeah I saw that post sometime ago...that's what kinda makes me want to do. But I'm like 200+ miles away from Willow Springs on top of having to rent it for two days since the rental places are not open until 9AM. Then I'm worried about some places like Hertz that have explicit warnings and legalize in the contract about tracking their cars. Basically you break it, you fix it kinda policy from what I've read skimming Google so far.

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm pretty sure Pat gets his cars from Hertz.

From what I remember from the on-site Hertz guys at the dealership I worked at, if you take out the extra $25-30 insurance (probably more now, and I can't remember what it's actually called), you could total the car and wouldn't have to pay anything.

Last edited:

renarudo

Thats sounds great if it's still available. Does anyone know if they offer manual vehicles?

Nick_C78

Use your own car. It will be more fun. You will also be HOOKED afterwards. So be warned. That car will become a track car in no time after you track it 1 time.

What day are you going? I am down to go with you.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
uhh most insurance companies wont cover race events so have fun trying to pull one over on them if you can

renarudo

I'm thinking of the January 18th. I'm worried that my F&F type 1 can't handle the track. Also I'm on softer rubber Yokohama YK520s. Also I don't think my car will pass inspection due to the a star in windshield due to rock from truck tire. I saw the promo on here for a track day at Willow for $90 vs $120. Plus how likely will I crash or run off track? Should I get my own helmet, gloves, and other equipment? Or will it all be supplied? Sorry for all the questions CI, I'm new to the track life. I'm anxious and really wanting to get out there and knock it off the bucket list.

renarudo

@Nick4dei that would be awesome!! Any of you track vets out or more CI members that day would be cool. I probably will be slowest since most of you guys have GSR motors compared to my LS on stockish tires, rims, and stock suspension (aside from coilovers).

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Dude, I tracked with an Eibach Pro-Kit, which is basically OEM replacement. Your F&F will be fine. Supply your own helmet if you can, but yes you can rent one. You will need your windshield fixed though, so get on that.

I am not sure I can do the 18th, my car is going under the knife soon to fix some issues. Also, the likelyhood of you going off track depends on you. I never went off track until my 3rd event.

renarudo

Cool. Just reserved my spot for the track but now my job is being a b***h about giving me time off on the Jan 18th-19th. Guess I'm calling in sick for that weekend..lol. Hey Nick4dei I'm going to take your advice and take my teg up there rather than a rental. I'm so exicted and can't wait to tear it up!!!