V-TECH, V-TEC, VorTech? Huh?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
HOLY SHIT!

It's VTEC. (standing for Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control) is a system developed by Honda to improve the combustion efficiency of its internal combustion engines throughout the RPM range. This was the first system of its kind and eventually led to different types of variable valve timing and lift control systems that were later designed by other manufacturers (VVT-i from Toyota, VANOS from BMW, and so on).

VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC. No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, no anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. If you cannot respect the technology and simply use the correct spelling, you do not deserve what it gives you.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

/rant.

Winki

Undercover mod
found this funny

Vtec-Virtually Torqueless Economy Car

VTEC keeps the hamsters from getting too tired.

Wait, you mean a bottle of Mountain Dew displaces more than my engine?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If you don't know how to properly spell the acronym, you don't deserve to have it, ain't that the truth!
It's right there in big silver letters on the top of your engine.
It actually takes more typing effort to spell it wrong, adding the hyphen, the extra letter, or making some letters capital and some not, but people still do it!

Freakin' idiots!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
toyota's vvt-i doesn't change cam lobes. its the vvtl-i.

have you seen the BMW valvetronic. its a nifty idea and it completely eliminates the throttle. uses infinitely variable lift and duration to control the engine

iveeno

iveeno.net
1. vtecing

the act of using vtec

Hey man after work you want to go up to loch raven and do some vtecing?

Asleep

I probably am
i hate it when i see a fs add fora "pimped out" or even a really nice honda and the add says vtech. i swear to god ill never buy a modded car from someone who spells it that way.