valve cover gasket replacement

I'm replacing my valve cover gaskets. Any hints or tips for me?
put some hondabond, rtv or other gasket maker over the cam caps. This is a common leak spot.

Edit: be sure to get the spark plug seals too so your not pulling the valve cover in a few months again to replace them.

mirrorimg

Pretty straight forward. Dont lose any of the nuts when you take the VC off. se some Hondabond HT on the corners of the gasket to promote a better seal (I went around the whole thing, better safe than sorry). Clean off the area on the head that its going to be sitting on, so that it doesnt have anything to create a gap/bad seal.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
yeah! these are fun and really easy. pop it off, clean it up, pop it on. then go eat a burrito. chipotle is good.

97teg4l

Yea the reason I'm replacing any is because the spark plug wells are filling up so that's the main reason. So I'm just gonna do it all you know. And yea I got the gasket seal stuff. And I was gonna paint it too. Good idea or just let it be?

Spody02

Name: Cody
its up to you, i like painted valve covers

ProjectHoku

Seibikojo Hoku
after you applied the honda bond at the corners, start tightening the nuts in the middle and then go outwards around the valve and then back to the center again. Be sure to not overtighten :p