Valve Cover Gasket Suggestions

Kent_racing

most valve cover gaskest are made of cork or rubber it really doesnt matter where you get it as long as it came from a factory with legit CNC/Molding equitment Oem is just there to rape you for your money

rybread761

Im actually going to buy my new Felpro one today when I am done work. The new gasket will probably outlive the factory engine anyway lol, so who cares?

Cman46290

being that i needed my gasket set asap when i was doing mine over, i got a gsr/type r set from autozone (w/vc gasket,sparkplug tube gaskets, and all the gromets were the chrome capped ones. nice) and it was like $26 maybe less. FELPRO brand
I just put this exact Felpro kit on my 1997 GSR this weekend.... worked and fit great....

rockadilla

thats right.
DO NOT get the felpro set, i wasted about 40 bucks on them and they barely fit, on top of only being able to be tourqued down once before u have to throw them away, the OEM actually FIT, on top of being able to be tourqued down 2-3 times before u need a new one

Cripton805

I used AZ gaskets... They need to be replaced whenever you do a valve adjustment, timing belt, cam seal, etc. etc...
I would never re-use a valve cover gasket "SET". Regardless of brand.

Just go with aftermarket. I've never had any problems and fit's perfect...
I'm a maintenace whore, so I replace mine dozens of time a year.