Valve cover install hondabond or not?!?!

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Haha my local stealer ship is worthless.

Right. I only order oem parts online anyways.

When push comes to shove, and I need my car running.

I get felpros and the like.

Jhamm3113

Yea mines across the state line and wanted 50 bucks, the dealer discount I got at oreillys for grommets and all was 24 bucks. Worth it to me. Lol getting ready to start the work now. We'll see how it fits. Also noticed a stud is missing between the 1 and 2 plugs on the cover... Any advice there???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osiris19

The stud that threads into the head? Buy a new stud. If the nut's missing, by a new nut.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

dlo253

Yea mines across the state line and wanted 50 bucks, the dealer discount I got at oreillys for grommets and all was 24 bucks. Worth it to me. Lol getting ready to start the work now. We'll see how it fits. Also noticed a stud is missing between the 1 and 2 plugs on the cover... Any advice there???

Lame, next time go to oemacuraparts.com. Dennis will hook you up.
I usually spend about what you spent at oreillys for oem.

That would be #3 and 4.. And it is for the spark plug wire holder.
Assuming you have the older style valve cover. The newer style doesn't have any other holes in it iirc.

Last edited:

Jhamm3113

Lame, next time go to oemacuraparts.com. Dennis will hook you up.
I usually spend about what you spent at oreillys for oem.

That would be #3 and 4.. And it is for the spark plug wire holder.
Assuming you have the older style valve cover. The newer style doesn't have any other holes in it iirc.

Thanks for the advice and you're right! Figured that one out once I got the cover off. The previous owner has made a complete mess of my poor little baby :( got everything cleaned and put together, took a while and discovered that a few of the nuts don't fit quite right. Going to get replacements to snug everything up tomorrow. Could any of you redirect me to a good thread for replacing the crank seal and pulley and a good place to get parts? That's my biggest leak at the moment...

dlo253

Download the FSM from hondahookup.com
It is pretty straight forward. Remove accessory belts, remove crank pulley bolt, remove the pulley.
And the main seal is just like any other seal. Clean surface, make sure it goes in straight...
I like oemacuraparts.com

95B18BTurbo

I have never had an issue with the Fel Pro not fitting in there properly on the dry install. It won't fit for sure if you remove the cover after a heat cycle though. Anyhow most of the time I don't have time to wait for parts to be shipped, so a local store it is.