valve cover question

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
Went to a junkyard today to fine a new valve cover and they had a 91 integra valve cover i think that is a b16 motor correct? also this is my valve cover on mine. The reason M'm looking for a new one is cause I'm going to paint it and my friend is a artist and will be doing some work on it so I am getting a second one to replace it so i can still drive my car. wow what a run on....

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
Ok but on that other valve cover where do i put the hose going into the top because I believe it doesnt have it on top on the 91's

j13

Keep It Clean
That's an OBD2 B18B1 1996+ VC. I'm not sure if it will fit the B18A1 that's in your 91.

MattLaBonte

He doesn't havea 91 he has a 97. Hes trying to fit the 91 head onto the 97 so he can paint his valve cover without being out of a car.

mirrorimg

He doesn't havea 91 he has a 97. Hes trying to fit the 91 head onto the 97 so he can paint his valve cover without being out of a car.
I dont think he wants to swap the whole head... he just wantsto swap the valve cover.

That is a Non-VTEC B18 valve cover (Specifically OBD2)
That will work with ALL B18 Non-VTEC motors.

It WILL NOT work with ANY VTEC motor.

If the picture you posted is YOUR motor, and you pulled one off of a VTEC motor, then no, it will not work.
If it looks exactly like the one you have now, or has a "Brick" like pattern, then it will work

You sure made it difficult to understand your first post...

Rich-PMS

I've been doing alot of researh on it.

The hose you're talking about is for the pcv valve. They are fully interchangeable, just have to decide what yure going to do with pcv valve.

Just look for a crv and take that valve cover, it'll be 100% identical to yours.

Rich-PMS

it doesn't matter, a b18a1 VC is interchangeable with a b18b1 and vice versa
Obd1 b18b motors used the exact VC as the b18a. But obd2 b18b motors have the pcv routed through the VC.

I know to swap obd2 onto obd0/1 you can cap the nipple off. But I'm not sure how you'd go about putting obd0/1 onto obd2 because of the pcv

stewy485

FlyingCaesar
thanks for the help guys. sorry about the confusion and yes I just want to swap valve covers. just wondering what i should do with the pcv now?

mirrorimg

Plug the hole in the valve cover.

The PCV on your OBD1 motor comes out of the block, and into the IM. There is no need for that hole in the OBD2 valve cover.