valve cover vent broke?

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
the thing that sticks out of the valve cover connected by a hose to the intake broke on the intake side. Is it still safe to drive?

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
i know but i mean is it ok to drive for a short amount of time? and the pcv valve isnt the one that broke its the side that connects to the intake like the port that sticks out of the intake.

osiris19

You mean the breather on the top left of the valve cover that goes into the arm?

Sammich

it'll be fine. you need it but i drove a month before i replaced mine. i had to find the grommet for my VC so it could fit

osiris19

The breather won't really do much to be honest. I had a civic with a plugged breather for the longest time. PCV, however, you should replace asap if you know its bad.

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
oh okay im sure its the breather then so do i have to plug it now since its not connected to the intake?

osiris19

You could but I would replace it whenever possible. It helps with cylinder head ventilation. It works in conjunction with the PCV so it must stay connected to the intake. You could buy rubber hose from a hardware store.

1991tegra

Da9 apprentice
i wish it was that easy i have to buy a new intake because dont know anyone with a tig welder to weld the port that the hose goes over on the intake.

Nick_C78

You will be fine. Just expect some oil to spill out even though it is baffled. Pictures would help too since theres 2 ports on your VC. You could just get the newer style VC which is a lot cleaner too. They are fairly cheap.