Valve noise getting louder..how to fix?

2Quick

I recently adjusted my valves due to high noise when I bought it. Weeks later sound got worse. When I tight it I made sure it was tight. What can it be or how to check if it's something else?

It start to sound bad where tue head is going to get damage if I rev hard enough

Jeffbel

Ok I just did mine. Make sure you use feeler gauges to get the correct adjustment. A second set of hands is also very helpful. Undo the locknut on the rocker(it takes a bit to break them loose) put it just barely loose. Put the feeler gauge in between the cam and arm. Tighten the screw down until you can pull the gauge out and then back it off barely. Remember the exhaust and intake are different sizes. If you hav more probelms pm me. And make sure your locknuts didn't loose themselves and fall off, happens more then you would think

2Quick

I did exactly what you did. Probably my valve seals are worn, I was told to use 10w40 i stead of 10w30. I'll give that a try.

Prozon

Kris
It's probably your valve lash. Try readjusting it. The specs for the B18a1/ b18b1 motors are different from the B18c1 motors, so be sure you're using the right specs and make sure you are using the correct specs for the intake and exhaust valves.

When you adjust the valve tighten down the lock nut and double check it. Sometimes after you tighten the nut, the clearance is off. I spent like an hour doing mine because I would adjust it, tighten it, double check it, and do the next.. and then I checked them all again after it was all done. You must also do this with the engine COLD. Let it sit overnight before doing this, if you do not then your clearances WILL be off.

Here is the best write-up I have found for it.
http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/B18A/index.html