Valve problem

BankiBoi

Replaced my head gasket and now once I'm trying to get the timing set my intake valves won't budge unless I take the plate off. Any info on fixing this or possible damage is helpful thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your valves arent supposed to move. I suggest setting your cams correctly at first and then put an allen key in the hole for the cam, there is one on the girdle and on the cam they should line up those are there to keep the cam in place.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they should move did you set the timing already? the force of the cam should push the rocker arm down

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the girdles could be holding the cam in a weird way, or the valves could be bent in a bad way holding the rocker up

BankiBoi

how can i tell if the valves are bent (w/o removing the head)?

BankiBoi

anybody help me figure this out w/o taking it to the shop!? two of the 4 rocker arms won't turn and one spring looks funny

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I dont know why you have 2 rockers that won't turn, but you have a retainer that is popped out of place in the one pic. The spring will need to be compressed so you can pop it back into the groove. Also, it takes a little bit of force to spin the cams, due to the spring pressure. Don't expect them to just spin freely.

BankiBoi

I dont know why you have 2 rockers that won't turn, but you have a retainer that is popped out of place in the one pic. The spring will need to be compressed so you can pop it back into the groove. Also, it takes a little bit of force to spin the cams, due to the spring pressure. Don't expect them to just spin freely.
yeah def some bs idk how it happened inbetween changing my head gasket. how would i pop it back out or do i need to take it to the shop?