valve seal question?

db84life

hey supz...

this weeking i'm going to replace all my valve seal and hopefully this will fix my smoking and burnin oil....
i juz got my engine rebuild and tat place tat did it didnt do a good job....i going to try the seal first b4 i go replace the rings...everytime i start my engine...i got puff of smoke.... also when idle... u can see oil shootin out...if i was to put a lil gas.. then it shoot out more oil...i still got the smae problem ever though i got it rebuilt... its sucks after all that money i spent

i'm not taking teh head off the car.. i got me a special tool tat will help me compress the valve spring without taking teh head off.

one thing i'm not sure about this is when i got the spring out.... the valves stem are compressed with 100 psi so tat it would hold it in place.... my question is how hard to take out the old valve seal with the stem still there? i dont want to damage anything....once the seal is taken out ... too put a new one in it..... would u put a lil pressure then u hear a click... is that mean its on it..have anyone did this b4... i did read in teh mag tat is done already but i jzu want to make sure b4 i do it...

thankz of anyone can help me out..

db84life

do u know what its call.?? thankz

not alot of people responsing to this.. i guess not alot of them do any of these work?hhmm... n e ways.. thankz

B18TEG

BLACK DA
it would help if you wrote legibly so everyone could understand, were not all gangsters. but best bet is to take the head off, dont remove anything other than cams and rocker arms, then take a pitcher of water and pour it in the head, if you see bubbles comming up than you have a leak in your seals, new valve job, but if not, then i bet its your rings letting the oil up and burning out

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I think B18TEG means pull the valve cover off but if I were you I would take it to a reputable mechanic who knows what there doing. I gotta ask, do you have to put forth an effort to type like that or does it come naturally.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
he's a G. i use to type like that when i was younger then i was like the fuck is this giibberish. if i were you i would take off the valve cover and follow with B18teg stated.

be kind to others. use punctuation and proper use of grammar. :lol:

Disco

ha ha ha ha ha ah thats funny as hell. If I were to try to type like that it would take for ever. Dont be a tard be educated.

db84life

supz... my bad for typing like that......somehow i got use of typing like that bak then when chatin with peoplez...

next time i will try to make it more clearly for u peepz to read....

taking the head off huh..... i really dont wanna do that... but if i have to then i will....i'm tryin to cut short the work...

nex time i will send it to a better place then where i took it to....

Disco

TAking the head off is easy. Whatever you do dont pour water anywhere. Take the head off and take it to a pro.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
you can pour water in there, its completely safe, thats how you do it with the cafe bikes, so it will work fine on a teg head. just make sure its dry when you put it back, use a blow dryer! if you dont feel safe doing that, then just take a to another shop and have them take a look at it. i guarantee that its what they are going to do to see if its your seals, its not time comsuming, and it wont hurt the head if thats not the problem

iphondatek

Honda tech
at first i thaught what the fuck, are you guys trying to set this guy up, but then I remembered about my car a long time ago. It was a sad day in history, i drove a ford:cry: :smackself and to check for any remaining cracks in the head after surfacing it the shop submorged it in water to check for bubbles. I am sure it's the same principle.