VC Gasket after problems

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
So i changed myt VC gasket and o rings today, and after everything was put back together, i drove it. Now it drives ok, but there is a lot of white smoke coming from my exhaust. Someone said it could be the oil going through the VC and burning up, and that it was ok. What do you guys think? I wasn't overheating on the way home so IDK.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You didn't put it together right. Oil could be slipping past incorrectly installed O-rings, or you could have messed up something with the PCV valve.

rockadilla

thats right.
Where did u buy ur gasket set from? I've bought ones from autozone that didnt fit right and leaked and stuff, so u might need to buy an OEM set to fix it

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
thanks for the input guys, but i think everything is ok, it stop when i went to drive it the next day. I think it was just burning oil.

and rockadilla, i did get mine from autozone, but i got the gasket silicone sealant. did you use that? mine fits ok.

mirrorimg

Did you happen to pull your plugs? If there was any oil sitting in the tubes, it would have leaked past and gotten into the combustion chamber.