Very Hesitant!

sps21112

I have a 95 ls with 159000 miles on it and ever since i bought it its hesitated from about 2500 to 4000 rpms. Ive tried everything in a normal tune-up and its only threw one cel which was the map sensor but i replaced it. Funny thing is that it ran better with the cel on. No hesitation at all just a lil less gas mileage. But heres a list of things i have replaced. Cap, rotor, coil, wires, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, and i also put a test pipe in to see if it was the cat. Did a compression test and theres nothing in the coolant. It has no starting issues and runs great before and after that rpm range. What else should i do?

here is what I would do (also what I am making sure u did)

plugs (use NGK v-power oem)
Wires (use NGK wires)
Fuel filter
Cap (with new o-ring) and rotor (good quality stuff)
air filter

Make sure you put some dielectric grease on BOTH sides of the plug wires.

I had the same problem until I put the grease on..

if you still have a problem I would check the timing, run some fuel injector cleaner in the tank (with almost an empty tank) use Techron or Jectron GREAT STUFF.. you pay for it but good things are not cheap

sps21112

Yeah i did ngk plugs, accel wires, msd cap, rotor and coil, k&n filter and a fuel filter from advanced ive run 4 bottles of cleaner thru the engine. i also forgot to say it has i/h/e.

DA GSR KID

did you ever consider looking inn to the o2 sensor? i no with my car the o2 is shot and it makes my car run like i big fresh pile of... well you no. :angryfire

Yeah i did ngk plugs, accel wires, msd cap, rotor and coil, k&n filter and a fuel filter from advanced ive run 4 bottles of cleaner thru the engine. i also forgot to say it has i/h/e.
what is i/h/e??

you know Accel wires are known for having shitty resistance.. I would use NGK

MAKE SURE U PUT DIELECTRIC GREASE ON BOTH ENDS OF THE WIRES..

dc2darkness

My 93 teg was hesitating at around 3500rpm it turned out it was because the mechanic that installed the new distributor never retimed it. Just a little adjusting and the hesitation gone.