Vibration in the steering wheel

phinattic

I have an Idea what this might be but want others thoughts too. When driving I have a very slight vibration in the steering wheel it gets worse between 55 and 70 mph over 70 it eases up but is still there. its coming from the front not the rear and it gets worse when I am accelerating and almost goes away when coasting. Ok what are your thoughts...

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
^ what he said. Mines was shaking because my cv boot ripped and grease was everywhere. I would accelerate and the car would shake like what you're describing.

giantdny

I'd check for grease all over the under side of your car. If there isn't any. Balance those front wheels! Generally if is speed dependent it's a wheel out of balance.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I'd check for grease all over the under side of your car. If there isn't any. Balance those front wheels! Generally if is speed dependent it's a wheel out of balance.
signs of grease doesnt have to be there for the axle to be bad. i returned 3 sets of brand new axles to autozone and went to napa instead. no problems since.

but a wheel balance would be cheaper so do that first. actually, check if your wheels are bent, cracked and if the tires dont have damage on em. if problems persist, change out the axles next.

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

phinattic

I just changed the drivers side axle, the problem was there before and after so that one can be ruled out. the passenger side was changed almost a year ago and looks in good shape I was thinking rims and tires but also brake rotors. the only thing that was throwing me off was that it got worse when I accelerated. I dont feel anything from the rear so I am going to rotate the tires and see if that takes the shake out of the steering wheel that will narrow it down a little.

Sammich

not necessarily that it can be ruled out, you can stil have been given a defective axle. it wouldnt be rotors if its happening when you're not applying the brakes. if your axles are supposedly good, go to get your wheels balanced and check to see if they are cracked or bent as Coy said. if they are fine, go back to the axles and tell them they are defective and replace them

phinattic

I have not checked the tie rod ends because the steering it tight as hell but that is a good Idea too. going to put it in the air this weekend and see what I can find.

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
Replace the tierods mine began to shake between 60 and 70 the boots on those things wear out quick