vibration issue?

Interga man

Hey guys

I just had my CV axles replaced on both sides of my Acura Intergra. I noticed that when I accelerate in 3 gear or so it seems like I am getting a vibration. Is it because my axles are not balanced? How do I get it fixed??

Jason

Murphy

Meat Master
If you didn't get an alignment after you installed the axels get one done. Otherwise it could be that the ball joints should have been replaced as well.

Interga man

If you didn't get an alignment after you installed the axels get one done. Otherwise it could be that the ball joints should have been replaced as well.
Yeah, they just replaced the axles and cv boots. I paid $400 to get it fixed. The vibration only shows up in 3rd gear or so.

Murphy

Meat Master
I recently replaced my tie rod ends, driver's cv axel, and ball joints to fix my vibration issue that started around 50mph or so. If you need an alignment you might as well replace the tie rod ends before you get one, they're cheap and easy to replace and it'll save you from having to get two alignments.

Murphy

Meat Master
Yeah, they just replaced the axles and cv boots. I paid $400 to get it fixed. The vibration only shows up in 3rd gear or so.
Jesus $400 just to replace the cv axels? You paid that much already you better take it back to whoever did it and tell them they need to fix the vibration for you and give you an alignment free of charge.

Interga man

Jesus $400 just to replace the cv axels? You paid that much already you better take it back to whoever did it and tell them they need to fix the vibration for you and give you an alignment free of charge.
Yeah I know.. It was the labor of doing it I guess. I am going to call tomorrow to see if they can get me the alignment for free. My car also squeaks. I need to get the bushings replaced and they are charging an arm and a leg for it!:evil:

Jason

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Jesus...time to invest in a Chilton book and learn to do things on your own instead of going to a shop...the cv axle itself only costs like, what $50?