Victor x intake mani vs Skunk2 pro manifold

comptech808

I got a b18c1 with build head and itr pistons i currently got the victor x manifold wondering if i should change or is this ok? cause i keep searching the comparisons between the two and i cant really feel the loss in mid range torque like everyone says and i know there dynos to prove it. Just wondering if anyone has switched from the victor x to skunk 2 or anyother manifold and seen results thanks

Last edited:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I think the edelbrock is way better. the skunk2 and blox manifolds are similar to the oem integra type-r manifold, but with some slight changes, the edelbrock one has way more air flow potential. it's designed for higher rpm use though, so if you're revving to 8500+ rpms then it's a good manifold for your setup.

edit- BTW i'm planning of using the victor x manifold on my turbo ls/vtec, it would benefit a turbo car much more than a skunk2

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have a victor x on my built GSR and love it, had one on my turbo b20 and loved it. They do like higher revving engines as stated before, my vtec engages so damn loud that its insane. The only thing I can contribute it to is the victor x and the type r cams.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think the edelbrock is way better. the skunk2 and blox manifolds are similar to the oem integra type-r manifold, but with some slight changes, the edelbrock one has way more air flow potential. it's designed for higher rpm use though, so if you're revving to 8500+ rpms then it's a good manifold for your setup.

edit- BTW i'm planning of using the victor x manifold on my turbo ls/vtec, it would benefit a turbo car much more than a skunk2
The Skunk2 Pro is different from the Blox one. Youre thinking about the OG skunk2 ones.

I have a victor x on my built GSR and love it, had one on my turbo b20 and loved it. They do like higher revving engines as stated before, my vtec engages so damn loud that its insane. The only thing I can contribute it to is the victor x and the type r cams.
They do happen to like high reving motors. Skunk2 built theres to compliment their Pro series cams instead of the Victor x which is made for crazy builds

comptech808

i got itr cams in right now thinking of getting something more aggresive. i know skunk2 pro2s or looking for something else. any opinions i know alot of people have and love the pro2's just wondering what else can compete with that or i'll just throw the pro2's in and be happy. thanks

comptech808

o my mistake 11:6:1. i can bump that with bigger pistons if i wanted is my compression ratio high enough for pro2s

00tegls

i have both the skunk2 and the victor x. the victor came with a lsvtec turbo motor i just bought and the skunk2 i bought for my ls. would i be better off using the victor on my turbo motor. i wont be reving it around 7000 rpms since it will be a dd street car but i am hoping for a nice whp (around 500 ish). or would i want to use the skunk to get the nice mid range?