Viper alarm keeps randomly going off.

renarudo

My alarm is randomly going off in the evening and place I originally got it from went out business. I'm thinking of taking it to best buy to see if they can adjust the sensitivity down so this happens less or not at all. If not, then does that mean I have to buy a brand new unit and upgrade at the same time? Any opinions are welcome and thanks CI.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
if its a two way, you could adjust from the remote. if not, theres usually a knob you coul turn on the alarm brain itself.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

renarudo

if its a two way, you could adjust from the remote. if not, theres usually a knob you coul turn on the alarm brain itself.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.
Unfortunately it is a 1 way although I'm tempted to upgrade to a two way just to have that capability to adjust it on the fly. Is the brain easy to get to?? I looked and couldn't identify its location.

Ganyon

Most of the time its under the dash on the driver side. If you pull the panel, look straight, and there will be a metal bar. Look onthe inside of that. Thats where my old one was. Plus there should be a small box, that is usually clear, which is the shock sensor. That is the one you want to adjust.