Viper alarm remote start error

itsferny09

for some reason my car alarm stopped working so i unplugged the battery and reconnected it. i can lock and unlock my car but when i push the remote start button it gives me a "remote start error" anyone know how this can be fixed?
i have tried the driver door open with ignition on and reset method

95 acura coupe auto
viper alarm 5704v

any help is appreciated thank you

rollingrock

Rollingrock
One other possibility is your hood switch is not functioning properly. If you have one try unpluging it and make sure that wire is not grounding out.

Viper 5704V

The remote start will not activate the remote start
1. Check remote startup diagnostics.
2. Is the neutral safety switch plugged in and turned on?
3. If the vehicle has an automatic transmission, make sure the remote start is programmed for Automatic
Transmission mode.
4. Is the remote programmed to the system?
5. Can the remote start be activated manually by applying a ground pulse to the H2/21 White/Blue
wire?
6. Check the harnesses and their connections. Make sure that the harnesses are completely plugged into
the remote start module. Make sure there are good connections to the vehicle wiring.
7. Check voltage and fuses on the main harness and on the heavy gauge remote start harness.
The remote

themiller13

Other thing to check that hasn't been mentioned. The 5704 has a delayed shut off feature while the car is running. Pull ebrake, depress brake pedal, and press the remote start button. The remote should make the noise and your dash lights should turn on. At this point you can remove the key.

If you can get this^^ to work it will cross off any harness issues.