Vtec Heads Or Turbo?

Liljmart13

Jacob
Which is better? I'm new to acura cars so help me out as much as possible. I have a 90 teg 5spd and a second motor for it to build. So if you had this. What would you do?????

mirrorimg

Turbo.

Why would you have "no replacement for displacement" in your signature. You drive a HONDA. You have NO displacement.

Looks like you just typed a few cliche's into your signature.

Liljmart13

Jacob
Ok so if I were to turbo it what all needs done? Lo comp pistons, forged everything, what all needs to be done??

mirrorimg

How much power are you looking to make?

A full on turbo build will be rebuilding the block (Sleeves, Rods, Pistons), building the head (Turbo cams, springs and retainers if the cam call for it) and then getting the turbo kit, bigger injectors, higher LPH fuel pump, and getting tuning software+tune.

You can strap a turbo onto a stock motor given:
The motor is healthy (not burning oil, has good compression, leakdown results are within spec)
You dont exceed 300whp (which seems to be the safe limit for our motors)

rockadilla

thats right.
turbo FTW, not only does it give a larger gain in HP, it is more reliable then a vtec swap, unless u build the block or buy an entire gsr engine to swap in

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Do what this guy did: :thumbs up
[YOUTUBE="2.2L Integra Turbo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaI0Vmfdmg[/YOUTUBE]

j13

Keep It Clean
Do a good All Motor build. And don't limite your options, you can make NICEE power without VTEC..

db1love

dood i think you need to figure out you budget, because you said earlier how you can only do a head swap or FI because money was "not unlimited", now you takin bout doin a whole motor swap??? , and to answer you question yes you can do a lot with a b18, granted its no K SERIES, but good motor,

if im not mistaken MIRRORIMG has a b18a1 puttin out around 190 at the wheels correct??