Vtec in an automatic?

94rs-gharp

hmmm i have a predicament i was thinking about taking my rs which has an a1 head and putting a gsr head into it only problem my cars an automatic so i cant do it because they didnt make c1 heads that had the computers for automatic so is it pointless in trying to do vtec in an automatic???

94rs-gharp

the only thing i have going for me is my car is 50% done for a 5speed swap i bought it like that i already have the clutch pedal welded in and the master cylinder for the clutch hooked up, but i dont have the funds for it :/

mirrorimg

There were VTEC auto integras in Japan. You would have to find an ECU out of one of them.

mirrorimg

Do some research to make sure everything is compatible. It would suck to buy something and then it not be plug and play.

94rs-gharp

yeah i still do wanna do that this whole swap is still months away if i do wanna do it but i guess id haveta look up how the ecu is setup vs my non vtec as far as how much fuel it sends, rev limiter right?

94rs-gharp

Goooood luck. Not that simple.
im not trying to make it sound easy i know i need the head cames valves lifters rocker arms and all that for vtec then i know i need to get the harness for the vtec and the wiring plus the computer what else am i missing

94rs-gharp

So you don't have the funds to complete the 5spd swap but you want to do lsvtec in the meantime? I hope you know lsv is relatively expensive when done right... just letting you know man.
plus i havent learned how to drive a 5 speed, not saying i cant or dont know how to but im not driving 5 speeds yet and since my rents are paying my insurance if they say i stick to automatic im sticking with it till i have my own insurance