VTEC not engaging properly

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
so i just assembled a fresh ls/vtec b18a block b18c1 head, has stage 2 cams, valvesprings, arp head studs, etc. i have it basemapped on crome with vtec set at 4500, and when I bring the rpm's up to vtec engagement even partial throttle it will start sputtering or misfiring or something. it will keep revving up slightly after it starts sputtering but it doesn't want to go anywhere really.

vtec wiring should be fine, no CEL's for pressure switch or solenoid, only thing i can really think of is maybe because the headgasket was blown before the rebuild and it mixed coolant with the oil, maybe i need to change the oil a couple times to get all the milky oil out of the engine? I notice with my oil pressure gauge that it has normal oil pressure, but it seems to move oil pressure a lot sooner on warm-up than before I did the head swap. Like the oil is thinner maybe.

i've checked timing is spot-on, no CEl's, speedo and tach are working, oil level is normal (pretty much at the second dot), oil pressures are normal at cruising and wot. oil pan has a slight dent in it but has never affected the oil pressures before. oil pressure does not seem to change when it tries to engage vtec, not sure if it's supposed to though. The engine ran perfectly as a non-vtec LS, almost everything from injectors, fuel system, dizzy was switched over from the perfectly running engine.

but every time I go up to vtec engagement, and no matter whether i am WOT, or barely on the gas, it just sputters like its hitting a rev limiter

today I changed the spark plugs, changed vtec solenoids, did the pressure switch bypass just in case, drained some oil and put some new oil in it, and I burned several new chips trying to solve the problem and every time it's exactly the same.

Any other ideas?

Heresd a video clip of what it's doing, first pull was almost full throttle, bring it up to 5,000 and it cuts out, then next pull was partial throttle and it does the same thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8ZuFnzvr4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks brohams

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
idk I have the revlimit set at 7500, and i've changed vtec engagement to a few different points and it does the same thing at any rpm I set vtec to

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It's your fuel map. It's got a nasty hole. That's why you're unloading in third. You should lengthen the injector pulse a millisecond. Just tune the NOS timer, you'll run nines

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The issue is clearly tune related and you've given us zero information to troubleshoot with. Contact a tuner.