Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump ?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
So i think my fuel pump is going out my car started cutting in and out if i got on the throttle. RPM's didnt drop i SLOWLY accelerated and it sounded like i was hitting the fuel cut constantly as i got closer to redline. At first it was on the highway trying to pull now i notice it on the streets every once in a while driving nomally. So i can get a OE type at pep boys for $137 or i can get a Walbro 255 LPH for $100 shipped. My question is will the walbro make me use up more gas ? im not tuned just running bolt ons so would anything happen if i used it ? im just really concerned about fuel consumption becasue i dont want to waste any more fuel than i already do.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Have a cel light? check pressure at the fuel filter first, also if the O2 sensor is going, car starts doing that also but the friggin cel never comes on

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^??

If your o2 sensor is going out it's either out or it's on... and it doesn't affect how fast you rev thru the RPMs.

I'd check your fuel filter, but to answer your question, no the 255 will not affect your gas mileage. You're still allowing the same amount of fuel to go thru the injectors, and the fuel pressure regulator is adjusting your fuel pressure. all you're going to be doing is having the extra volume for future use if you need it.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
^^??

If your o2 sensor is going out it's either out or it's on... and it doesn't affect how fast you rev thru the RPMs.

I'd check your fuel filter, but to answer your question, no the 255 will not affect your gas mileage. You're still allowing the same amount of fuel to go thru the injectors, and the fuel pressure regulator is adjusting your fuel pressure. all you're going to be doing is having the extra volume for future use if you need it.
Wat if your 02 is bad/dirty and is still sending voltage to the ECU thats within parameters the cell will not go on but because the voltage is changing erratically it will start to bog the car down at highr RPM, it will feel like its hitting the rev limiter just like hes describing, one way to check this is by disconectting the o2, cel will go on and if car runs fine again youve found youre problem

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
I have no CEL and i replaced the fuel filter brand new from acura about 4-5 months ago so i know thats good. BTW ERZperformance do you carry the 190 ?

Last edited: