Wanna learn a bit about going turbo

gamerchad

Whats up FI guys. I've been throwing the idea of turning my LS/V to a FI setup (prob turbo). I already have Eagle rods and Type R pistons with a few mild upgrades. My question was if I were to go turbo, what could I get at "ebay" prices? I know that IC piping is usually fine from Ebay as long as the connectors are quality. I also know the turbo should always be name brand, no problem there. If I could possibly part one together on a fair budget, I would love to try something different.

I already know the Type R pistons gotta go, too high comp., but could I reuse the rods? I didn't put it together, so don't think I'm going bass ackwards on myself :retard:

Thanks in advance :D

hidenplanvew

Yes eagle rods should be good, as far as prices that you can get on ebay...
Cast iron T3 manifold
Cxracing intercooler pipes
Cxracing intercooler
Hondata s300 (495 anywhere)
RC injectors (880 to 1000cc's should be fine) Or Precision
Walbro 255
You can get garrett or air research turbos or Holset HX35
Turbosmard wastegate/BOV (dont cheap out of waste gate!)
supertech pistons
Just be carfull and make sure it looks like the real thing, I havent heard of Fake percision stuff from ebay..

sylvaner01

search forum, hundreds of turbo guides, they usually say stuff about the engine and recommendations for the engine

patrick4588

Integra God
whats your compression around? im not a fan of boosting on type r pistons cuz of the weak ringlands but it has been done succesfully by quite a few ppl over the years.