want to know if i made the right decision

dylan

so i bought my car two weeks ago and i wanted to personalize it a little by painting the calipers. so me and my freind took off one of the tires and the inside of the tire was showing thread and i was like wtf the guy said these were a month old. he told me it was an alighnment issue and i needed to get it checked out so i did. the guy at the shop then told me that 3 of the struts were blown but i didnt mind a bumpeir ride, mind you that they were on eibach ground controll adjustable coilovers with a 2 inch drop. so the camber kit to get the tires straight was ganna end up costing me around 600 but the guy told me it might be cheeper to go with stock suspension. so i just orderd some shocks and struts for 45 each and im just asken u guys what would you have done and did i make a good decision.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Yes, you did...send me your ground controls, lol... It depends on what you want. It gonna look like a 4x4. And the coilovers should have been rebuildable. I wouldn't have done it, but it 's yer car.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ya... I saw that. And went like this. o_O and then like this :rolf:

mjones73

If you keep the 2 inch drop, you'll just blow out the stock struts again... I'd put struts that can handle the drop on it so if you decide to lower it back down you can.

Last edited:

mjones73

Possible, no need for them though, you can just adjust the sleeves on the ground control set up to bring the height back up. If the shop is trying to take those off, OP, make sure you get your parts back.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Very true, but I don't think he was blaming the tire wear on this...just saying this is what they found when he brought it in. Maybe?

dylan

they said i needed a camber kit and sole were 250 to install and buy on each tire so i orderd stock struts and springs becouse the eiboch struts had leacked all of the suspension fluid out and they were done

j13

Keep It Clean
I think you made a bad decision to take someones word on what they tell you about the vehicle you're purchasing..thats your money your dropping, YOU have the right to comb the car up and down and pass of you didn't like that one..but you got all excited and got someones busted car. That's my opinion.

Like said above, just ride on your sleeves, and go to an alignment shop, correct the toe.. I have negative camber on my car now, I'm dropped 3-1/2", 11k miles and no harsh wear at all.

Last edited:

mjones73

they said i needed a camber kit and sole were 250 to install and buy on each tire so i orderd stock struts and springs becouse the eiboch struts had leacked all of the suspension fluid out and they were done
Save the money on springs and keep the ones you have. The GC kit is adjustable, raise it up if you're putting stock struts back on. Ideally you should be going with a strut that can handle the drop and works with your sleeves. Also, you can get your own camber kits and install them cheaper.

What were the measurements on the car anyway? As others say, I'd bet the toe was never adjusted after it was dropped and that's whats eating your tires the most.

j13

Keep It Clean
If you're just lowering the car, you do not need a camber kit. When will people understand.