Want to retrofit into these housings

DarkDB1

... The reason those OEM headlights were able to be sanded clear was because the lens on the JDM 1 Pieces (what they are) is made out of plastic. Your factory 3 piece is glass, You cannot sand it smooth and clear.

So in order to do that, You'll have to find a set of OEM 1 Piece headlights ($250-$300 [i think? haven't had a G2 in 3 years and bought JDM 1pcs for it years before that])... Take them apart and VERY carefully sand it smooth by hand going higher and higher in grit then slather it in plastic polishes and cleaners. It will be a very tedious pain in the ass and if you mess up. you just ruined a set of expensive headlights.

Go for those black housed headlights, They'll do great... and just to add.... ewww to your tail lights.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
you use a dremel to sand down glass :lol:

DarkDB1 is correct jdm 1 piece i lens are plastic, you can smooth plastic not glass! OR you can go all out and make your own lens cover

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I believe i recall reading threads where people have smoothed out the fluted lenses on glass lamps. Requires special tools. I wouldnt do this without experience personally.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
You have a clean set of oem glass headlights, I wouldn't change them
I know, no oxidization or anything after 20 years! But i really want to retrofit a bi-xenon projector, and in order to do so, I think my best route is to buy those after market ones listed. I want to retrofit for the sheer looks factor, as well as not to blind other drivers. Plus, those aftermarket lights I listed go with my current taillights lol I'm about to be flamed massively, but oh well...

92_JDM

I know, no oxidization or anything after 20 years! But i really want to retrofit a bi-xenon projector, and in order to do so, I think my best route is to buy those after market ones listed. I want to retrofit for the sheer looks factor, as well as not to blind other drivers. Plus, those aftermarket lights I listed go with my current taillights lol I'm about to be flamed massively, but oh well...

hahah yes you will get a lot of flame but hey its your taste and your cars not others. lol

TheSkygun

Yeah I'd say aftermarket headlights and save the oems, be worth a lot just the clean way they are. Plus it would probably turn out being easier to retro aftermarket ones, or at lease that's the case for the g3.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Yeah I'd say aftermarket headlights and save the oems, be worth a lot just the clean way they are. Plus it would probably turn out being easier to retro aftermarket ones, or at lease that's the case for the g3.
Yup, seems like the best route. Maybe I'll sell the OEM's if the retro goes well...like i said it's my first, but I'm experienced with a dremel, so it shouldn't be too hard with the right tutorial right?