Was my car in a wreck?

X1L3D

So when I got the car I noticed it was leaking out of the rear tail light seals so I replaced those. When doing that I took out all the interior to clean up the water and I noticed areas that looked to be non factory welds and also a spot that looks like it was crumpled up. Here are some pictures to show what I'm taking about:

Here is the "crumpled" spot I'm talking about

Here are some welds that don't look factory and also a spot that looks like it was welded

The tail light also doesn't seem to fit right. There is a huge gap that is not on the other side.

Also when I went to get my tires changed I had an alignment done and the front driver side was not able to get into line and the guy said the car was probably in an accident. And yes it is a clean title and I have run a Carfax on it BEFORE I bought the car and it was all good.

overheadJake

Weight is the enemy
yeah that sucks dude, I bought a Maxima did all the homework, then about a year later I had to drop 3K into a new tranny because of a wreck that no one knew about before. those things are good (carfax, etc) but not always 100%

heykosal

Angkorian
omg i'm sorry to say but that's almost the worst repair job i've ever seen! those spot welds look like crap! and what's all that silver plate? those weren't there in neither of my 'tegs..

Carfax check doesn't bring anything up? Insurance almost definitely would've totaled a car of integra's age with that much damage, so it probably was never reported..

X1L3D

No that's not plating, it's like insulation or something. My friends teg has it to.

Ya a couple of those welds are horrible but the spot welds are okay. I'm kinda scared now about the car.... It really sucks because I sold my last car because I had wrecked it and kinda rushed into buying this one... I definitely should have payed closer attention to the signs that the car was wrecked. And the Carfax was totally clean. Car only had 4 owners and the previous owner had only owned the car for less then a year.

What should I do about getting the car checked out to make sure it's safe to drive around? Like structural damage? Is there something I should look for myself?