Water Coming Out Of Exhaust

Prozon

Kris
Any idea's why?

I have the front end of my Integra jacked up and I had it running. It was revved up a few times when I was trying to find an exhaust leak. I went to the back of the car and noticed that there was a spray of water on the ground and the exhaust was dripping.

Why might my exhaust have water in it? And before you mention head gasket related things- the water is clear.. it looks safe to drink it's so clear. No funny smells either. From my searching I have read it might have something to do with water in my fuel? I literally just filled up my gas tank yesterday- so any water in there would be from the gas station..

Sooooooooooooooooooo.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Any idea's why?

I have the front end of my Integra jacked up and I had it running. It was revved up a few times when I was trying to find an exhaust leak. I went to the back of the car and noticed that there was a spray of water on the ground and the exhaust was dripping.

Why might my exhaust have water in it? And before you mention head gasket related things- the water is clear.. it looks safe to drink it's so clear. No funny smells either. From my searching I have read it might have something to do with water in my fuel? I literally just filled up my gas tank yesterday- so any water in there would be from the gas station..

Sooooooooooooooooooo.
Thoughts?
Well if you are running a cat they are made to create water vapor. And if It's not that it could be just water from rain, or from moisture in the air condensing I highly doubt that if you had water in your gas it would come out as water as the gas combusts. Lol.

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Any idea's why?

Sooooooooooooooooooo.
Thoughts?
water is a by-product of an internal combustion engine.

2 C8H18 (gas) + 25 O2 = 16 CO2 + 18H2O

Almost everyone's exhaust will have water coming out of it - its just sometimes the water evaporates before it reaches the end of the exhaust b/c of heat.

What i start my car there is a little bit of a "spray" coming out of my exhaust and when i rev it up more comes out - there is nothing wrong with your car - water is just a byproduct.

Prozon

Kris
Chris- that's what I was thinking. That's a lot of traveling the water would do as water to not evaporate.

Integraguy, there was A LOT of water coming out of it.. you think that's all normal?

mirrorimg

It being jacked up will allow for more water to escape as it can travel down hill. It may have pooled up in some low spots of the exhaust and only when elevated had a chance to run out of the exhaust.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i have the same thing this actually reminds me to get a bolt for my cat haha

Prozon

Kris
Jason's idea seems the most plausible. It was between cold and warm.. like 50-60 degrees out at the time. I've just never seen any of my vehicles do that.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
For sure normal. When its cool like that, especially if at all damp out, seems like more condensation can form in your exhaust. I've seen my cars do that every once in a while. You can put your hand in front of the exhaust tip and it will get wet, lol... I am sure there is a sick comment to be made here, but I will leave it up to Patrick to think of one.