water in oil

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
just found out that i got water going in to my oil, oil looks kind of milky. do u guys think its the head gasket or a crack in the cylinder head?

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
Hope you don't start the motor anymore....
o hell nah man, just need time to see what the problem is but i got to deal with school and work right now so no time but hopefully is the gasket

spyk3

just pull the intake first and see if that gasket is blown because that could do the same thing, if its fine, then pull your head and check that gasket....might as well send the head off to a machine shop to get it redone.

Paulb

user
if your gonna leave it sitting a while id drain the block and change the oil, water in the bottom end can mean bad things down the road

spyk3

you can send your head to any local machine shop...call some parts store and ask around, someone is bound to know someone who is good.

spyk3

reguardless if he does a leak down test or not...he's gonna have to pull the head if its a blown/cracked head so why waste the time and money?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
reguardless if he does a leak down test or not...he's gonna have to pull the head if its a blown/cracked head so why waste the time and money?
Wasting time and money would be sending a head out for repair that you're not even sure is damaged, as you suggested. Diagnosing the problem and addressing IS saving time and money. Guessing is wasting it, which is what you would be doing.

spyk3

not really....every head i've ever pulled has always had to get worked....doing a head gasket job without machining the head or doing valve job on a head is pointless....its like replacing your clutch and not replacing the rear main seal....alluminum heads warp....so there not going to be straight on the surface anymore....

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
say i remove my head and send it out to get tested/fixed what will i have to readjust when i install it ?