water in the headlights

isa423

street freaks
so i got water inside the housing of my headlights. and i was just wondering if there is anyway to get rid of it so that way i wont spend like 150 on aftermarket ones. i just want your advice and if you say what to just to get aftermarket ones what kind would you recommend

jznsn2u

Stay with oem. All after market headlights don't look right in my opinion. You have a leak in your head lights, you could open up your head lights and re seal them with silicone.

isa423

street freaks
Stay with oem. All after market headlights don't look right in my opinion. You have a leak in your head lights, you could open up your head lights and re seal them with silicone.
ok cool but exactly how hard is it to take them apart?

jznsn2u

ok cool but exactly how hard is it to take them apart?
You could either use a heat gun and pry it open or you could bake them in an oven and pry them open. Which ever you choose, it'll get the job done.

jznsn2u

ok cool thanks alot i just gotta find time to actually do it
Yeah no problem. You already pretty much know the process of it. Take off your bumper, un install your head lights, crack em open, clean them, seal them, let them chill for a quick minute and re install. I would start in the morning if anything.

leonardo campos

!!!

hey what up man i seen alot of this and in motor school we take them out and sand the inside with some specail kind of product and yess you have a leak so try to seal it up goodluck

BeatBox

Real Good!
you can also drain the water, leave them inside your house for a few days and the moisture should go away. then seal them up. this way you dont have to take them apart. heres mine before i put them inside the house, after two days they looked perfect again. they are the halo kind. not gonna install them again but they did clear up.

isa423

street freaks
yeah i figured it would be a long process. but ill give it a shot and see how it turns out. if not ill just buy the damn aftermakets. i really dont have a problem with the way they look

isa423

street freaks
you can also drain the water, leave them inside your house for a few days and the moisture should go away. then seal them up. this way you dont have to take them apart. heres mine before i put them inside the house, after two days they looked perfect again. they are the halo kind. not gonna install them again but they did clear up.
its not so much the moisture thats the problem but the fact that i got a lot more water then just dew on the inside. it looks like it needs to be drained or something but also i dont have a few days cuz i need my car for work and school so its gotta be a quick one day fix if possible

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
yeah i figured it would be a long process. but ill give it a shot and see how it turns out. if not ill just buy the damn aftermakets. i really dont have a problem with the way they look
i have some OEMs off a 97 for sale if you cant fix yours but it really isnt too tough.

sylvaner01

All I did to fix my headlights was:
1: Heat with blow dryer
2: Take light off and find out the lowest point of the light, where all the water can be drained out.
3: Drill a hole in this point so the water drains out if it is filled with water again
4: Silicon around the light, keeping the hole exposed

The next day all the water had leaked out of the little hole and I haven't had a moisture problem since.
This worked great for me, hope it works for everybody else.

isa423

street freaks
All I did to fix my headlights was:
1: Heat with blow dryer
2: Take light off and find out the lowest point of the light, where all the water can be drained out.
3: Drill a hole in this point so the water drains out if it is filled with water again
4: Silicon around the light, keeping the hole exposed

The next day all the water had leaked out of the little hole and I haven't had a moisture problem since.
This worked great for me, hope it works for everybody else.
hmmmm i think i might use that idea first and if not then ill take apart the whole housing. you method makes sense theres only one way to find out fer sure first hand