Water in trunk?...

ra_jr

hey everyone. im a newbie to this site and i just got a 92 teg..for some reason i found a pouddle of water where the spare tire should be but couldnt find where it was coming from. has anyone else had this problem before and if so where should i start looking at? i was just thinking about truck bed coating the entire trunk to see if that helps but if there is an easier or better way please inform me! Thanx!!

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
if you did the rear wiper delete start there. the seal around the trunk. there is a drain ....i think if u have a sun roof or the tail lights gaskets ....

Prozon

Kris
Tail lights could be leaking. I had a Kia a few years ago that had the same problem, but it was the lights themselves that leaked, not the seal around them.

pirate.deathbat

man im having that same problem too. eveytime it rains, i look where the spare tire goes and i find a puddle of water, i always have to vacum it out after rain or else itll smell too 'humid'

luis26

91 tegg
yeah yeah yeah i know and igot the solution (damn teggys r a pain int butt)
ive owned my teggy for over 3 years and yes i know all the little stuff
first of all cheack all the seals on the taillights and maybe the trunk bed
second check the weather seal all around the hatch door for any leaks and the weather strip on the roof too
for step 1 and 2 just pour water on your car
and third but really important and most comonly check your sunroof :
1- there is 4 drain holes one on each corner of the sunroof make sure they r not clogged if u cant see just go to your mechanic and get the air compresssor and put the air gun thru the 4 holes if u see a lot of dust and trash coming out that means it was clogged
2- each drainhole has an exit the both in front of the sunroof they exit right behind the front wheels and the ones in the back exit behind the rear wheels
3-now that u know where they r and they r cleanned ,pour a little bit of water in the holes of back (because if u r getting water in the trunk gotta be those holes)
4-if u see water running and pouring from the rear of the wheels thats a good sign because prooly the drain lines just were clogged and ull be done with it
5-now if u still gettin water not a lot here is what u do crawl underneath ur car by the dranholes and u ll see like a rubber plug sometimes with time the rubber shrinks and wrinkles cuz it dries out so just cut it a little (do not take off) in that way u make the hole bigger and more water will pass thru
6-take the covers off the trunk the the speakers go and in each of them u will see a clear plastic hose that comes down from the roof (it will prooly be yellow by now), follow the hose and u will see there is a black plug and thats the drain plug that u can see underneath ur car the one is dry out yes that one .there is nothing the holds it to this plug so just make sure that they both are well conected and if u have anykind of tape, secure it .
put everything back on and u ll be water free forever

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Towels/Rags.

I've got one from my emblem holes because i havent filled them yet.

DAteggy93

you could rino line it if ur gonna cover it with carpet, if u wanna gut the car id just clean it up and replace all the seals and stripping on the hatch.