water in with spark plugs

oppi-10

yin yin
so tonight i took my car for alil ride since it hasnt been out in a bit ( lol dont have my licence) and when i got back i checked the spark plugs cause it wasnt runnin that good and on the third spark plug wire thing that attatches to the sparkplug there was water or somthin on it and the sparkplug was alil rusty and the water wasnt there before i went out, what could cause that? thanks

Winki

Undercover mod
well that just sounds weird. change them for sure. i dont know how it got there. how much water? was it raining?

patrick4588

Integra God
since it was rusted, it sounds like you probably sucked up some water last time you drove it and then the car sat there. best thing to do is pull the plugs out and try cranking it to see if you can get any water to spew out (remove your ecu fuses so no fuel gets sent in). if not, then just put some new plugs in and start it up. let it sit and idle for a while and if some white smoke is coming out, its water being burned off. just let it sit and burn it off.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
might want to check the wires as well. are there gaskets on the ends of the wires?

oppi-10

yin yin
ya there was some water commin out the exaust, and it couldnt of got rained on cause i keep it inside a garage, i really hope its not the head gasket, but when i took it out it was realllllly boggy it dindt want to move at all it only had like 25% power it seemed it was weird it was fine last fall

patrick4588

Integra God
so you havent driven the car in almost a year and you didnt change the plugs before you went driving?? did you at least change the oil?

oppi-10

yin yin
haha ya i changed the oil and i start it every week or so just to make sure no seals get dried up and crack, but i dont kno whats goin on with it maybe its just choked up cause it hasnt been actually driven in awhile

White_Rabbit

blown head gasket ftmfw!!!!
You have just water in your engine? If it was a blown head gasket it should be a mixture of coolant and oil. Coolant being a big key word there. Should be milky. Assuming for some odd reason it didn't get oil it should still be coolant. Unless for some odd reason you filled your radiator with just water.

Do you have a true CAI by any chance? We had an impala come into my shop a couple years back. Sucked up water like no other during a flood. Pull the plugs and change them. Do like stated before pull your Fuel Pump relay and crank it a few times. Get all that water out. Drop your oil and put a new filter/oil in there. Take it for a small cruise let it warm up good and such. Get on it a few times and then come back and try again. If you sucked up a LOT of water you might have to do it a few times. You wont need new plugs everytime just hit them with a wire brush. If you're still losing power do a leak down test on it.

oppi-10

yin yin
ya i have a true cai but i just put it on and i havnt been out when its raining and i keep it in a garage and theres no oil or coolent in she shit that comes from my plugs and i do have coolent in my rad lol not just water, i have no idea how it got there i was like wtf when i first seen it cause eveything was dry wen i went out

91integrock

Im kinda having the same problem. Here is the story, I went and washed my car and soi thought i would was the engine bay because the check engine light came (just thought it wouldnt hurt). I have a cold air intake so i covered it up aong with the distrubutor. I finished washing but when i went to start it but did not want to start right up, after a few cranks while letting it sit in the sun it started up. Now tho when i drive it is spuddering like crazy and there is now power at all. SOMEBODY HELP ?????

PogKai

B20VTEC
did you cleaned your engine bay and rinsed it with water? it may be the spark plugs wires not sealing well.

oppi-10

yin yin
thats exactly wats goin on with mine except i didnt wash it for like a month cause it was in a barn the whole time and it was fine after i washed it, its just really supuddery and doesnt have any power