waxxx, how to

97tegra_marco

im plaaning on waxing my car today, do i wash my car, apply that turtle wax? and just take it off with a cloth or what?

ive never done ir

JGvtec

What you should really do is..

Wash your car
clay bar it
then wax it

The clay bar will remove any contamination that your eyes cannot see. It also helps by having a better surface to bond to when waxing the car.

97tegra_marco

What you should really do is..

Wash your car
clay bar it
then wax it

The clay bar will remove any contamination that your eyes cannot see. It also helps by having a better surface to bond to when waxing the car.

Can u buysl these at auto zone? Like turtle wax? And how are they applied.

JGvtec

Yes. You can buy a clay bar kit at any parts store. Like autozone, pepboys, Orileys, even walmart.

When you buy the box it will tell you what to do. Basically all you have to do is spray some of the lube on :naughty: and go over it with the clay bar lightly.

whitedc4

don't clay bar but once or twice a year though its a really hard thing on your paint when you over do it.

washing your car thoroughly garden hose bucket with car soap i use sonax however if your going to be using autozone products i guess just get whatevers there i doubt there is gonig to be a difference in those products.

u can use a buffer or you can apply by hand.

i use a finishing polish before i do the wax make sure your car has no dirt from the wind or excess soap left on it before you start waxing

using an applicator pad or buffing pad put the wax on your car in a circlular motion in small spots at a time if your going to be doing this by yourself otherwise you can do big areas at a time as soon as the wax gets the glazed look you need to remove it with a clean either buffing pad or microfiber towel depending on whether you used a buffer or not. if you wait too long to remove the wax you will have some really hard work to do. its a good idea to make it a two person job one person applies the wax while the other person waits to see the glaze the starts removing the wax.

Prozon

Kris
Because Rachel is a rep whore and threatens peoples lives. :'(

Also.. I think I may wax my Blazer lol. Finally dry out.
The teg doesn't deserve wax. >: (

Prozon

Kris
That's right kids. If Rachel doesn't violently kill you, then obviously she doesn't hate you. :thumbs up