weird bucking

genesis

tougê hêrmit
last night i replaced my fuel filter and checked my plugs. the plugs were good but when i pulled the old fuel filter that gas that came out was dark brown almost black. now that i have the new on e on there the car seams to run great. and about the TPS its a brand new oem replacement from inlinefour.com
lol ok nevermind, glad your problem is fixed!

00AVA00

if you here encountering this under throttle then i would say it is your TPS sensor (throttle positioning sensor) i had the same problem, plus im a certified ASE tech, take my word for it!
hey what do you have for ASE certs??

personally, this sounded like a fuel issue, ie: clogged filter, or bad fuel pump. not so much the TPS cause he said it did fine in the other gears and while he was accelerating.

it wouldnt be the mounts of anysort, IF it were the mounts, the engine/tranny would slam forward (braking/downshifting/slowing down in gear) or slam backward (while on the throttle) and it wouldnt cause it to buck or stall or anything. just the initial slam.

BUTTT i would HIGHLY recommend replacing your fuel pump, because generally when the filter is bad its due to a fuel pump that has or is started to crap out and has let dirt/sediment/pieces of foreign pass the "filter sock" on the pump and get in the filter. Putting the new filter in is a great step, but if your pump is bad itll just clog up the new filter in a short time, if not fail completely lol. PLUS the pumps on tegs are easy as hell to access/replace.

thatsmrpyro2u

ok i changed my fuel filter, sparkplugs, wires, cap and rotar. and somehow the bucking has gotten werse. anyone else have any ideas?

in addition to everything above i changed out the dizzy from the other motor i have laying around and it hasnt fixed anything. im going to test the fuel pump and the other sensors tuesday night. im thinkin im gunna try my old TPS as well. i replaced it when i did the swap along with a host of other things im wonderingg if i have a bad one.

Last edited:

thatsmrpyro2u

ok update time. i have been throwing money at my car and nothing was changing the problem. it was actually making it werse. i decided that it was time for a real mechanic to take a look. when i took my car in i also gave the shop all of the throttle bodies i had laying around, all of the sensors i have, my original ecu, and the original dizzy i have. after some plug and play time with everything we figure out that the throttle position sensor was bad as well as my timing being off by a few degrees. im glad i finally have a good running car again.