Weird car No JOKE! beats me. Trans issue.

Num_1_Tnr

I just bought my 3rd DA in my life time for dd really good price, couldn’t refuse. the lady I bout it from had been driving the car for the past 3 months like this and I have been driving it like this for the past 2 weeks like this. It is a 92 LS Integra auto sport 4 speed Trans 150k. I m used to dealing with manual Trans for my turboed rex not auto Trans like this.

Well here goes the prob.

When ever I turn the car on and go from park to revere its fine then go to drive and functions fine. Shifts fine like my other auto Integra. So let’s say I drive the car to like the gas station and turn the car off for like 5 minutes, I go to reverse just fine strong then I go into drive and first gear grips then slips then grips and slips for like 2 or 3 times then it grabs. After the Trans gets a feel for first gear for the first time after restarting the car when it’s warm it drives perfect. but even at a stop light if I turn off then on for like 2 sec the car slips 1st then grips then slips and then when it caches 1st the first time. After that the car drives perfect, shifts to all gears and down shifts. I hit the gas and the car down shifts fine.

So I changed the fluid I went to the dealer and bout some fancy oil that says Acura and I know its ment to go in the car. I drain then fill and put a Lucas additive the stop slip additive. Let the car warm up then drove it and drove it and drove it. Turn it off for a split second and then go to drive and 1st still slips then catches and then when first gear grips it never slips again till I turn the car off again. WTF man the car is perfect condition other then the Trans prob. what could it be?????

Last edited: