Weird engine problem?

money

hey i gotta problem with the integra i dont know if its normal or not and its really hard to expalin aswell might sound kind off funny but here it is, sometimes when im driving i have the gas pedal down and all the sudden it doesnt accelerate anymore like the speed just stops at 50 or wherever im at and then if i floor the gas pedal it makes a weird sound like "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" like somethings clogging up ? normally when you floor the gas pedal your rpm goes flying up this one just sticks at one spot -.- i dont know if people understood that but yeah hard to explain -.-

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
throttle position sensor.
Could also be the MAP or something. Vacume lines maybe. do you have codes?

money

oh but how would i test it to see ? , and yeah check engine light is on but that came on thier after i put in a racing wheel

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you check the ohms of the tps
pull your codes to see what they are for. i never had a SRS code on my car, i just had a SRS light come on

money

yeah i guess ill do that,. around how much is it to replace if i need to? i never tested anything other then the battery before

money

ookay and im probably just gonna buy one from the auto shop once i check this one, any other ideas what it could be?

98gsrDc2

stolen....
ok...im having the same prob...but im getting a speed sensor code...can a speed sensor do this? sorry for the thread jack...

Blakexvx

I always go to my local parts store to get my codes read, or the dealership.

not sure if everyone can go to the dealership without being charged though, I'm a employee so i'm not sure how retail customers work. but my local knecths,autozone,oreily's etc.. usually do free code checks

money

i never knew part's store did code checks, ill go to them. tommorow maybe if i cant get my friends code reader