weird engine shake

arthur

i got my 1994 ls about 5 months ago and whenever im in 2nd gear at about 5-6k rpm the motor starts shaking really badly :???:. i have no clue as to what it might be and was hoping for someone with expertise to help me out here. (sorry for any misspelled words)

tiigle

yes,but if you shift the gear nomal,you won't notice,but if you power shift gear at high rpm your engine will shake noticibly.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I was curious if he meant the actual engine, or the tach. Not sure most people drive around with no hood in second gear watching their engine. Or if he heard a specific noise.

Gs-Rvtec

yes i agree. thats a good ? but idk i had a bad mount and the car shook so bad i couldnt see out of the rearview mirror replaced it adn perfect so

arthur

no not the tach the actual engine shakes. the other day when did an oil change the same thing would happen, i reved it while in neutral and it shook only this time it was at7k. but i will check the mounts today just to be sure its not them. any other ideas on what this may be? and thanks for the help everyone

rockadilla

thats right.
Its basically limited to the mounts and maybe something big is bad inside the engine, like a cylinder is out