Weird issue with Turn Signal Indicators? Can anyone help?

danger450

Hi All! I have a weird problem and I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light, no pun intended, onto this problem.

I have a "low mileage" daily driver 1999 Integra GS Coupe in great condition and has not given me any problems so far. I have NOT recently replaced any bulbs or done any wiring.

When I have my headlights ON, the left turn signal indicator that normally blinks in the instrument cluster, remains solid, however, the turn signals DO NOT blink.

I have found that when I turn OFF the headlights, my LEFT turn signals will work fine, however, my right one will not work at all. I have checked all of the bulbs, and they are all KNOWN GOOD.

Also, with the headlights ON, I cannot turn on my emergency flashers either.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I was going to take it to a shop, but this doesn't appear to be a common problem and I was trying to see if I can get some advice before I start throwing away money on this problem.

If anyone at all can guide me to what to look for, I would be most appreciative!

Thank you all so very much! :D

Dave W.

DeAngebro

Foster
Check to make sure that you have the correct bulb in the turn signal. It think it needs a dual filament bulb, not a single. I had a single filament bulb in mine once and it caused similar problems to what you're having.

danger450

THANK YOU DeAngebro !!

Yes, that was it! Somehow, 1156 bulbs ended up in there, instead of 1157! WOW! Such a simple fix, and I thought I had a couple hundred dollar problem on my hands! Thank you for telling me how to double check these things! SIMPLE FIX but without knowing that, I was kinda freakin out! HA HA!

Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!

Check to make sure that you have the correct bulb in the turn signal. It think it needs a dual filament bulb, not a single. I had a single filament bulb in mine once and it caused similar problems to what you're having.