Weird Second gear noise in my RSX

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Hey guys i have a question about this weird noise in my second gear. When i shift into second gear, and accelerate a weird "click click rattle" noise is comming from my engine. It engages fine, but its making this noise. Now before this happened for a long time i was getting this weird cloicking noise from the front drivers side of my car when i would go voer bumps, do you think this is related?

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Took it to my mechanic today, i shifted from 1st to third, becuase i was afraid i could mess soem shit up driving in second gear. Well the clicking noise from the front drivers side of my car when i would go over bumps was becuase my strut was loose, so thank god for that. However, the noise i get from second gear is deffinatly comming from the tranny, so i think that gear is fucked :(

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
sup dylan. Im gonna pick my car up today, hopefully hell know what it is. Good thing is hes a good friend of the family so im not being charged for him looking at it. He checked the fluids and said it was clean, and fine.

I was thinking back though, and second gear did sometimes grind for no reason. So maybe its finnaly wearing out :( It hella bad now too, i tested it out this morning before i dropped it off, and it sounds like shiiiiiit

Im just gonna have to first to third shift the rest of the week lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it will grind if theres no oil in there as well. cause i grinded your 2nd and 3rd. so i would be willing to bet its the tranny oil.

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
I had an oil change before i went to minnesota, is that the same thing?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
tranny oil and motor oil are two different things. tranny oil is just sitting in the transmission case being worn out from wear from the tranny and the heat from the motor and tranny. Engin oil is being cooled by hella stuff so its a little more protected. tranny oil in theory should be changed more often, according to mr spoon sports himself as well as kenichi tsuchiya

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I've seen common occurances with shift forks. Typically cracking or breaking off a piece of it. Seems to be a common flaw in the RSX tranny, my friend cracked one as well. But they replaced it under warranty

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Well its not grinding, and it enganges into second perfectly fine. It just when im accelerating in second, it makes this horrible rattling noise. Kinda like i have a shit load of cans in my transmission. It like shits scrapin. It not a grinding noise though, although it has grinded before.

ALso wouldnt fluid problem mess up more than just one gear?

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
Ill get some honda syncro. Are you down for this weekend, or whenever?

If the syncro doesnt work then im looking at at least a 500 - 1000 to fix this mess :(