Weird Smell !??

Frannkie

I♥MyDa9
So lately my Car has Been Smelling like Burnt Rubber Or something .
I Cant really get the scent right, but The odor isnt pleasing .
Ever since i changed my Lower Radiator hose, its been smelling like that after a short distance drive.
Sometimes i can see Only WHITE Smoke, No black Nor Grey.
But the smoke isnt Heavy. i also cant really point out where the smoke is coming from cause its very light.

I have also realized that my car doesnt respond as quickly as it used to before.
If i Step on the Pedal, It doesnt want to take me up more than 40. My Car Feels SLOW
All of a sudden, Sounds like my car chokes or Puffs?

(let me include that there has been An Oil Leak Under the Car since i got the car)

Blakexvx

is it overheating? do you have any knowledge of it overheating before you bought the car?
I've found while working on a ex's POS! ford exploder. that her thermostat was stuck shut and she drove it like that for months so all the coolant was boiling the radiator hose and it reeked like burning rubber.

Also the oil leaking won't help with the smell if it touches anything hot or sticks to things after awhile.

I would suggest a leak down and compression test to make sure your head gasket is okay
and try to find any leaks in your exhaust that could be causing the white smoke

Frannkie

I♥MyDa9
No The Car isnt overheating. And idk about the cars' past. All i Know is that the owner before me wouldnt keep up with the maintenance and They hit the car, denting the Radiator a little. After driving it a while. it started overheating and i realized that one of my tubes was bent and it was squirting out very hot coolant. i went out to buy a new tube and installed that.
it was good. but after a while my lower radiator hose went bad and i bought a New one and installed it. it was good for a week. my 'check engine' light even went off. but i realized that after the fix, there was still a little smoke coming out throu the Right headlights ???

so idk, but my thermostat isnt stuck shut. if it overheats, it says it right away .
Im thinking it might have something to do with the head gasket because its leaking oil from all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQf6ULoCSo
Heres a video of where i see that the engine is smoking from. i also realized that it smells like gas when i open up My hood.
If you pause it around 8 - 9 seconds, thats mainly where the smoke is rising from.

Last edited:

jason_guy_yeah

It may be a blown head gasket, the excess pressure is probably making it leak but check out the coolant and see if it smells like anything else or you can grab a tester kit to check for oil/gas in the coolant.

BankiBoi

If your oil is mixed milky color blown head! Happened to me BC of radiator.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk