Weird thing happening to my tach.. help!

TOTAL_JDM

Ok so i just went to the corner store to grab a drink and it was raining, so suddenly i came out of the store and im omw home and i notice my tach is acting all strange! just moving up and down as a mofo idk wtf may cause that! :S any ideas?

P.D i was driving normal not flooring it or anything just normal driving

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
speed sensor or something? your v-tak still works?

TOTAL_JDM

well i dont think so, the car was working good i think it had something to do with the rain, maybe something catched some water idk but its still doing it :S can it have something to do with the Dist ???

dc4whore

My old civic did that, outa no where and it was the speed sensor, took it out an cleaned it, worked for a little bit and started messing up again, so I ended up just getting a used from the junkyard, and that fixed it.

TOTAL_JDM

My old civic did that, outa no where and it was the speed sensor, took it out an cleaned it, worked for a little bit and started messing up again, so I ended up just getting a used from the junkyard, and that fixed it.
ohh maybe that could be the thing, weres that speed sensor located??

VTEC420

It's your destributor, or at least one part of your distributor.

the CKP sensor in the Distributor uses magnetic pickup to send rpm information to the tachometer...

If you're not comfortable working with the distributor and/or electronics take it in somewhere. If you comfortable working with it, than give this link a try to see if it helps. I know is for G2's but its similar to ours.

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/10.html

Forget about the Vehicle Speed Sensor though. That's not what controls the Tachometer.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
:wstupid: There should be a couple plugs on the back of the distributor, check to make sure there's no corrosion or a wire loose from the back of the plugs. Open them up, if they're dirty get some electrical cleaner and spray them off.