Weird whirring noise in my engine.

Jesse_Heck

So when i turn the key to the on position it sounds like there is an electric whirring noise from the drivers side nose of the car. It whirs sort of low with the engine off amd the key in the on position. It whirs with a higher pitch when the motor is running. Its not the cooling fan amd its not the fuel pump. I pulled out the A/C condenser fan fuse amd tried it again to see if it was the condenser but it still made the whirring noise even with no ac condenser fan fuse. So i have no idea what it is.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
New sound or old sound? Could be related to the ABS system but I'm not sure where that is located in a DA/DB. You said it happens when the key is in the on position with the engine off, think it's the battery? I'm just throwing ideas out. You tried cleaning your injectors? Sometimes they squeak with old age. It might be something fuel related, dealing with the fuel filter, pressure regulator, etc. Try and make a video of the sound with the engine off so we can hear it clearly.

Jesse_Heck

Its a 91 Integra LS. 158K miles. It sounds like an electric motor whirring. Ill try t throw up a video