Well I'm now an owner of my first Integra. Did I get taken to the cleaners?

JohnCarter

Also when should I change the timing belt and water pump? Honda dealership quoted me $599 including parts.
Today, I got a quote of $585 for timing belt, water pump, and valve adjust. Not at a dealer, however. I think the first one is around 90,000 to 105,000.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
fuck that.. i bought a timing belt and did it myself for 90 bucks (including the belt and new water pump).
took me a few hours because i couldnt line up the cams right.

as for the price, thats a steal with those miles. i bought my 96 rs 114k on the odometer for 3k

now wheres the damn pics!! lag ftl doods.. lol!

HaloTEG

i got my 97 ls 5spd with 120k for 500$. just needed two fenders and a bumper, guy had a body kit on it and the fiberglass was all cracked.

Post pictures!

Savedsynner

Today, I got a quote of $585 for timing belt, water pump, and valve adjust. Not at a dealer, however. I think the first one is around 90,000 to 105,000.
Whoa...what I would do is put an ad in craigslist automotive services and say you are looking for "XXXXXXX service" and see what kind of quotes you get. Alot of really cool guys do auto repair on the side, as a hobby, or some independent shops don't have the high overhead some shops do. It's relatively easy to weed out the flim flam. A sure sign of a good one is that they allow you to watch them do it. As with anything, there is a little more risk, although the great ones guarantee their work.

The problem with buy any car over 10 y/o with less than 100 k is you know the timing belt/water pump has not been serviced...so you basically add 2-500 to the price of the car.

There is a place in Huntington Beach that has a coupon special for a timing belt replacement at $199 parts and labor. I am checking them out to see how reputable but so far so good.

Stopsign32v

Pics as promised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Door jams are in amazing shape!

Bone stock motor (not for long sadly)

Best part of the car...

Never been smoked in, never will be!

Check out the driver's side seat, NO wear! :shock:

And the money shot....................... 8)

Stopsign32v

Bump for pics! lol

And I'm supose to be picking up these wheels tomorrow at noon unless something happens. Claims they are MINT