Well, it's not official yet but...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I have an article in a mag somewhere about that car. I'm going to check on the sales numbers tomorrow. You are on the right track though. They sold the most on there debut year but sales slipped quickly. Probably because of the 1st gen AWD DSM's :D

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Hehe yeah, those Eclipse's and the Talon's were hot shit back then.
The hypothesis I've heard is that at that time Toyota was so encompassed by their image of being a family car, an A to B car, the "refrigerator" of the auto industry, it just worked, no frills. A "Toy-mota" and such. People just ignored their attempt of putting out a sports car, they weren't taken seriously at all. The image of the Toyota brand at the time did in the Celica All Trac.
I think the Supra took care of that problem. <---- CI's Understatement of the Year. :)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Very true. Even the idea of a Japanese sports car was quite different then. NSX, All Trac Turbo's, DSM's, and the Z32 were top notch Japanese then. Then came the 4th gen Supra's, RX'7's and the rest of the Japanese horsepower war. There image was alot different back then. The Supra definitely changed that for the better though. I still kinda like the 91 style Supra Turbo though. There is an clean ass, original looking one around here with around 500hp.

Last edited:

RSMisfit

TegSox said:
3S-GTE came in the 1990-1993 Celica All Trac. I pop onto Autotrader and look for one of those every now and then. :yummy: 200HP 4wd winter car....word.
indeed
while searching found one for $8500 i think,
just didnt have that much $$$

wouldnt mind the 3S in my car 8)

speedin

The Transporter
RSMisfit said:
indeed
while searching found one for $8500 i think,
just didnt have that much $$$

wouldnt mind the 3S in my car 8)
i have always kept my eye open for the final style of the all-trac. never found any :cry: . awsome car.

and back on subject. vanessa said she is gonna get a tc. she mentioned it would be white, auto. and that she wants to put some bronze rims on. i reccomended a supercharger :lol:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ha! A TC? I got a video of me racing one in my GSR somewhere. I got to find it for you. I gave him like 3 lengths and the go and still blew by him at like 40mph