Went to Court today........

DownShift96GSR

If some you remember I posted a thread about being stereotyped about the car you/I drive....In that thread I stated I was pulled over and given a citation for an illegal muffle, some sound ordinance thing. I went to my Bond Arraignment today and learned that if I"m found guilt I could spend up to 90 days in jail and/or pay up to $500 in fines, FOR A DAMN MUFFLER!!!!! Basically I plead NOT GUILTY and my new court date is in September. I mean what am I guilty of? I bought my car with the muffler/exhaust on it, and now i'm being punished for it. Ain't that just the stupidest shit you've ever heard???

anfrey

hiatus is over. i'm back!
DownShift96GSR said:
If some you remember I posted a thread about being stereotyped about the car you/I drive....In that thread I stated I was pulled over and given a citation for an illegal muffle, some sound ordinance thing. I went to my Bond Arraignment today and learned that if I"m found guilt I could spend up to 90 days in jail and/or pay up to $500 in fines, FOR A DAMN MUFFLER!!!!! Basically I plead NOT GUILTY and my new court date is in September. I mean what am I guilty of? I bought my car with the muffler/exhaust on it, and now i'm being punished for it. Ain't that just the stupidest shit you've ever heard???
that is fucking stupid... this should just be a fix-it ticket.

DownShift96GSR

yeah no shit............but where I live no matter what you do, it's against the Law........we have a place called Taco Cabana here that's open 24 hours, right? Well that's where a lot of people hang out, there's a sign saying no loitering and then it says what consists of loitering. If you have conducted legitiment business you can be at that establishment for up to 24 hours, WRONG!!! Not in my town. If you went in at bought a burrito and are standing outside eating it, the cops give you a criminal trespassing ticket.......I'm really thinking about moving, what City/state should I move to???

anfrey

canada is a great place to live.. plus the police and government are NOT fucked in the head like in the US

sleeperintegra

DownShift96GSR said:
yeah no shit............but where I live no matter what you do, it's against the Law........we have a place called Taco Cabana here that's open 24 hours, right? Well that's where a lot of people hang out, there's a sign saying no loitering and then it says what consists of loitering. If you have conducted legitiment business you can be at that establishment for up to 24 hours, WRONG!!! Not in my town. If you went in at bought a burrito and are standing outside eating it, the cops give you a criminal trespassing ticket.......I'm really thinking about moving, what City/state should I move to???
Damn i thought Va Beach was bad. Sorry bro. move over here to the east coast :)

DownShift96GSR

sleeperintegra said:
Damn i thought Va Beach was bad. Sorry bro. move over here to the east coast :)
I was thinking bout moving back there a couple months ago, you know since I'm from there anyway. But the traffic and the humidity is something I don't really feel like dealing with. Plus i'm starting college this fall anyway. I'm gonna get my associates degree in computer programming before I decide to make any big move.......

Darrell

WOW man, thats really stupid. 90 days for a muffler, give me a break..what is this world coming to

RAINONEizm

when I was living in SoCal,they could pull you over,but could only give you a tickeet if you didnt pass smog,or had some "illegal" parts on your car.
out there they make you pop your hood...I told one cop after he asked me if my cold air intake was illegal ,"you tell me,YOU pulled ME over.."
he looked at his rookie partner,and told me to slow it down and and have a nice day.talk about waste of time.
but I couldnt agree more,there is mosdef a stereotype.and we aint talkin kenwood either.

DownShift96GSR

RAINONEizm said:
when I was living in SoCal,they could pull you over,but could only give you a tickeet if you didnt pass smog,or had some "illegal" parts on your car.
out there they make you pop your hood...I told one cop after he asked me if my cold air intake was illegal ,"you tell me,YOU pulled ME over.."
he looked at his rookie partner,and told me to slow it down and and have a nice day.talk about waste of time.
but I couldnt agree more,there is mosdef a stereotype.and we aint talkin kenwood either.
For real. In my other thread where I mentioned I had gotten the ticket, I put in there that the cop told me "The number of import and euros in this town has tripled since the movie FAST AND THE FURIOUS came out". That shit pushed me over the edge. I seen a cop pull someone over the other night and made him pop his hood, it was a mustang that got pulled over. I was in shock that a cop pulled over a mustang, I almost crashed my car.

RAINONEizm

LOL

I would have loved to see that !!
that doesnt ever happen here in SoTex,unless its some little hotie driving and the copper is trying to get digits.

SxySlammedTeggy

heh in Cali now any and EVERY muffler that isnt stock is illegal and they'll write you a ticket no matter what... even if its hella quiet passes smog and the decibles are under 50 which is what the law used to be...i meanthey still test em but they put the thing right in the muffler instead of doing it from 50 or 100 ft i forget which one it is... ghey

anfrey

SxySlammedTeggy said:
heh in Cali now any and EVERY muffler that isnt stock is illegal and they'll write you a ticket no matter what... even if its hella quiet passes smog and the decibles are under 50 which is what the law used to be...i meanthey still test em but they put the thing right in the muffler instead of doing it from 50 or 100 ft i forget which one it is... ghey
i guess it's a good idea to take a camera when one visits the referee