Went to look at the '05 RSXs today...

hueman

so my friend's on the market for a new car within a month or so. he doesn't like the current models of the rsx.. says it feels too much like a "normal car" when he drives it.. but mostly he hates the headlights and tails.

anyway we went on a test drive a couple days ago, and told the salesman that he was more interested in the 05's because they look better. salesguy called him yesterday and told him they just got the 05's in. so we went tonight to look at them, at about midnight, :lol: and snuck around the back lot to look at them

they're REALLY nice in person, though i'd have to admit they look VERY civic-ish. not a bad thing, just an obervation. i still don't know if he'd consider getting one. i convinced him to take a wrx out on a test drive (he HATES the looks of the wrx) and he loved it... so he's leaning towards that right now. we'll see.. if it comes down to cost, he may get the rsx, or a mazda 6s.
________
Mercedes-Benz Om603

Last edited:

hadjie85

the mazda 6 is a sharp car. i never have been a fan of the wrx, but it is still mad awesome performance wise. i have always said that instead of a new car that you are really overpaying for (condsidering a new car will lose a few thousand dollars when it pulls off the lot) id rather have a sweet car that is one or two years old.

the short of it is id rather buy an Evo 8. :D

hueman

yeah, i like them too. he's just got shitty taste i guess. he does count ME as a friend after all :lol: the new 05's just look more.. i dunno.. sleeker? conservative?
________
Mac Games

Last edited:

Todd

token ex-mod
i'd rather have an srt4 then any of those :shock:

maybe with the exception of the wrx.... it'd be a toughy

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
tell him to test drive anything and everything. dont hate on cars you havent driven, you might end up liking them, Case in point, the wrx. he hates it, drives it, loves it.

i might suggest VW GTi/GOLF with the 1.8T engines. a lil cheap upgrade here, lil cheap upgrade there and youve got a very potent beast. a chip on them gains about 60whp. its about 10 bucks per HP.

Mini Cooper Type S
this car is like the little kid in your gym class that would just suprise the hell out of you sometimes. he may not be the strongest or fastest, but he certainly can do somethings better than any others. corningering comes to mind.... damn, i sound like an Ad Agent.

try out the SRT4 just to see how he likes it. id rock it if i could get those Mopar upgrades for cheap.

Mazda RX8 is a pretty pimp car, i think they start out in the low 20s.

thats all i can think of off the top of my head that hasnt already been discussed. those would be the ones i would test drive before i made my decision

Todd

token ex-mod
DownShift96GSR said:
I'd rather die than own a NEON. It may be an SRT4 and fast, but its still a NEON.
spoken with a true lack of knowledge

that's like saying the evo 8 is just another lancer, or the ford lightning is just another f150.......

srt4's can run 12's with factory upgrades that are completely under factory warranty.
stage3's coming out soon, it will cost $3k... for $3k in mods you will have a car that runs mid 11's on slicks, and all the while doing it completely under factory warranty.... now to contrast that honda will try to void your warranty for so much as an aftermarket intake, unless you purchased it from them and they installed it which usually runs ~$500, FOR AN INTAKE

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

See Todd, you say I speak it with lack of knowledge. Far from the truth. I'm not speaking in terms of upgrades and how fast I can make it with little cash spent. I'm not a fan of NEON's, never have, never will. Regardless if its turbo'd, its a NEON. I just don't like em. I don't like how they look. When it comes to sport compacts, I'm all about IMPORTS, not DOMESTICS.

As far as factory warranty goes. I have a 96 GSR with over 100,000 mile on it. The warranty went bye bye 5 years/ and about 70,000 miles ago. Plus I have no monthly payment on the car, my insurance isn't sky high and I'm as happy as can be.

As far as those Mini Cooper TypeS go, they are bad ass. I'd like to have one just to have one. If I had the cash, I'd find a way to throw a Type R motor in it, just for shits and giggles.

The RX-8's aren't that bad, but they are way to small for me. but then again, the Mini is pretty small too.

The VW GTI's aren't too bad, but I guy I know in my city has made me not like em. It must be a rivalry thing me and him have. But my roomate has a GTI VR6 and its pretty quick. They don't handle that bad either.

Last edited:

Todd

token ex-mod
DownShift96GSR said:
See Todd, you say I speak it with lack of knowledge. Far from the truth. I'm not speaking in terms of upgrades and how fast I can make it with little cash spent. I'm not a fan of NEON's, never have, never will. Regardless if its turbo'd, its a NEON. I just don't like em. I don't like how they look. When it comes to sport compacts, I'm all about IMPORTS, not DOMESTICS.

As far as factory warranty goes. I have a 96 GSR with over 100,000 mile on it. The warranty went bye bye 5 years/ and about 70,000 miles ago. Plus I have no monthly payment on the car, my insurance isn't sky high and I'm as happy as can be.

As far as those Mini Cooper TypeS go, they are bad ass. I'd like to have one just to have one. If I had the cash, I'd find a way to throw a Type R motor in it, just for shits and giggles.

The RX-8's aren't that bad, but they are way to small for me. but then again, the Mini is pretty small too.

The VW GTI's aren't too bad, but I guy I know in my city has made me not like em. It must be a rivalry thing me and him have. But my roomate has a GTI VR6 and its pretty quick. They don't handle that bad either.
oh, you're one of those closed minded "imports vs domestics" people..... that's pathetic, grow up :thumbs up
when all other objections are overcame you reduce yourself to "it's still a neon heeyuck" i swear i hear the deliverance tune every time i see someone say that....

Last edited: